Perfect weight loss routine
Exercises are important for your overall health whether you want to lose weight or not. However, if weight loss is your goal then besides proper diet it is also important to incorporate exercises in your routine. A balanced diet coupled with a good work out routine can go a long way in helping you shed those extra kilos and look fitter and leaner.
In addition to helping you lose weight, exercises come with a plethora of added benefits including improved moods, stronger bones, and a much-reduced risk of many chronic diseases.
If your aim is to lose weight and also enjoy an overall better quality of life, then here are a few exercises you can do at home to keep your body fit and healthy-
Burpees for weight loss
Burpees are quite in these days. This tough workout is quite effective because it works your entire body and gets the heart rate up in a short period of time. It is not a tough workout but a challenging one because it works your core, your arms, and your legs, and also improves your power, agility, and endurance.
- Stand on the floor with feet about hip-width apart and squat on the floor, and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Now jump your feet out behind you, and come in a pushup position, with your hands and toes with the body in a straight line.
- Now, immediately jump back to your starting position.
- Then stand up and jump
You can do burpees as a standalone workout or add to your existing workout routine.
Lunges are a quintessential exercise; you can do it anytime and anywhere, and the results can be seen in no time. If you want well-toned shapely legs, and a tight backside, lunges would help you achieve that. However, it is important to do lunges properly so that you don’t put an unwanted strain on your joints. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind-
- Keep your upper body straight, your shoulders back, and relaxed, and your chin up, and engage your core.
- Step forward with one leg, and lower your hips until you bend both your knees at a 90-degree angle. Ensure that your front knee is directly above the ankle and not too far. Also, keep in mind that your other knee should not touch the floor. Now with your weight on the heels come back to the starting position. Change your leg.
This is exactly like the lunge except that you jump while changing legs and switch legs midair.
- You start with your feet together, hands on your hips, and like a normal lunge, step forward with one leg and lower both knees to 90 degrees.
- Now while changing the legs jump up and switch legs midair
- Land softly with the alternate leg forward and lower into a lunge immediately.
This is a cardio-intensive exercise that works on your legs, glutes, and core. Make sure that your core muscles are engaged throughout this workout.
Squats for a tonned body
Want that rock-solid core and a hot beach body before summers? Regular squats will help you achieve that.
- You start with keeping your feet a hip-width apart
- You can add weights to squats for more intensity. Keep your arms either at sides holding weights or clasped in front of your chest.
- Keep your back straight, push hips back, and bend knees to lower your body into a squat. Keep your thighs parallel to the floor. Your knees should be aligned with your toes the entire time. Keep your pace even while doing it. Repeat.
Squats engage your core and lower body and are one of the best exercises to lose weight and increase strength and endurance.
Jumping rope is a calorie busting full-body workout that you might have done in your high school. But if you have not held jump ropes since your high school then it is time for you to incorporate this intense exercise into your workout routine. This workout can burn up to 318 calories in 30 minutes, and works on almost every muscle in your body.
Here are a few variations you can add to a regular jumping rope exercise
- You can mix the jumping rope workout with different routines. You can jump with one foot, both feet, alternate, skip, or even twist your hips.
- You can combine it with mountain climbers or pushups. After 60 seconds of freestyle jumping, you can put down your rope and do 10 push-ups or 30 seconds of mountain climbers.
Exercises are a great way to lose extra weight and keep our bodies in shape. These simple exercises can be performed anywhere with minimal equipment. Now all you need to do is sweat those calories out!