Are you looking for a natural herb to boost your immunity along with improving the sexual drive? Giloy does the wonder here.
Guduchi or Giloy has been one of the most popular herbs in Indian civilization for ages. After the onset of Covid, you might have heard a lot about the use of Giloy juice and the Guduchi health benefits.
What Is Giloy?
- Giloy is a popular Ayurvedic herb known to cure over 100 diseases, including chronic fever, allergies, colds, flu, arthritis, and hair loss conditions.
- Giloy translates into Sanskrit as "Amrita" which means "the root of immortality." Giloy or (Tinospora cordifolia) translates into English as Heart Leaved Moonseed.
- One of the best utilities of Giloy is present in its stem. It contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and repairs cell damage.
Find the lesser-known Giloy health benefits, Giloy uses and benefits, and also the Tinospora cordifolia uses below:
Giloy Benefits For Skin
Giloy stems are most beneficial in treating skin allergies and improving skin quality. Giloy is full of antioxidants and helps fight the free radicals in the body. Moreover, it also possesses anti-aging properties.
One of the Giloy's (also known as Guduchi) benefits the skin as it detoxifies the body by flushing out the harmful toxins to give clearer skin. Besides this, it boosts your immunity, which keeps your skin cells healthy and creates new cells from time to time.
How to use Giloy for skin?
- Take about 6-7 Giloy leaves and boil them in water.
- After they have boiled sufficiently, let them cool for some time.
- Apply the Giloy water evenly onto your face and skin, and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your face once more with lukewarm water.
Giloy Juice Benefits
What are some Giloy Juice uses?
Giloy juice is known to give you the detox your body needs. Over time, harmful toxins, bacteria, and infection-causing germs accumulate inside the body that needs to be drained from time-to-time. There is no better way to do this than to have a freshly prepared cup of Giloy juice.
How To Make Giloy Juice?
Here is how you can create a simple Giloy juice at home and enjoy its benefits:
- Start by taking a few stems of Giloy.
- Peel the Giloy stems until the green part appears.
- Cut the stems into smaller slices till it looks fine.
- Finally, add these pieces into a blender with 1 cup of water.
- Blend the liquid till it turns green.
Pour the mixture into a glass, and your juice is ready to use.
Giloy Juice For Weight Loss
Giloy Juice aids in weight loss by increasing your body's metabolism that helps to burn your body fat and regulate your weight.
Besides this, Giloy Ras benefits help regulate the body's digestive system, making sure your stomach is clean, which enables you to maintain a steady weight.
Moreover, high blood pressure and stress can be significant reasons for weight gain. So use Giloy to your advantage and fight stress and high blood pressure.
How to use Giloy for weight loss?
- Take about half a gram of Giloy Juice
- Put a dollop of honey in it
- Mix well and consume this drink, every morning, on an empty stomach
Also Read: Benefits and Uses of Shatavari for Men
Giloy Benefits for Hair
Gulvel (Giloy) benefits aid in improving hair quality. It has various antioxidants that help boost immunity and fight off the body's stress.
Giloy comprises Raktashodhak (a remedy for scurvy), which fights hair conditions like dandruff, scalp, and split ends because of its anti-inflammatory position.
How to use Giloy for hair?
- Take about 3-6 grams of Giloy powder and mix it with one glass of water.
- Mix well until it becomes a runny paste.
- Section out your hair and apply this paste well on your scalp to the tips of your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, and then wash your hair off with any shampoo.
Also Read: Ashwagandha for Men's Hair
Giloy Benefits for Immunity
Besides boosting your immunity, Giloy is a powerful herb boosting men's sexual wellness. With adaptogen properties, Giloy's advantages are that it is a stress reliever and fights stress of all kinds.
Other health benefits of Giloy include treatment against diabetes, arthritis, improving eyesight, hay-fever, and protection against the Covid infection.
How to use Giloy for Immunity?
- Chop the Giloy stem into small pieces and add 2-3 Neem and Tulsi leaves.
- Mix it with one glass of water and blend it all together.
- Take a pan over medium heat and add this paste to 2 glasses of water and boil
- When boiled over time, this Kadha will reduce to about half its size
- Afterwards, strain the mixture and enjoy!
Giloy Usefulness for Covid-19
The Health Ministry, Union of India, pointed out that a sound immune system is vital for preventing Coronavirus infection and keeping safe from the progression of this infection.
For a year now, various countries have faced complete lockdown globally due to the Coronavirus pandemic. A word that scientific experts keep using in the context of Covid-19 is 'immunity.'
It is proven that individuals with weaker immunity are more susceptible to this virus. However, Giloy can solve this problem for you because it is the ultimate immunity booster and prevention of bacterial and viral infections- that too, with a history of utilization that spans centuries.
Giloy for Libido and Male Sex Drive
More advantages of Giloy? It has an aphrodisiac quality, which helps boost the libido in men and increases sexual hormone production. Studies have disclosed that this wonder herb has the power to increase sperm count, the volume of ejaculation, sperm motility, and overall male health.
If you are looking to enhance your willingness for sex, consuming Giloy juice twice a day can naturally boost testosterone levels that help you perform better in bed.
Giloy Amla Juice Benefits
This contains juice derived from the Amla fruit and extracts from the Giloy stem. Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C for the body. Giloy is a famous immunity booster, treats fevers and chronic coughs, diabetes and fights stress and anxiety.
How to make Giloy Amla juice?
If you don't have time on your side, Kapiva manufactures Amla-Giloy juice, and this is how you can make it-
- Squeeze the juice out of 2-3 Amlas
- Peel 2-3 Giloy stems and grind them in a mixer till it becomes a paste.
- Strain the water of the Giloy stem and mix the Amla juice in it
- Then add a fresh glass of water to this entire mixture.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of honey, salt, or sugar, whichever one suits your taste, to the mixture.
- Consume this drink every morning on an empty stomach
Giloy Tulsi Juice Benefits
One of the main Giloy Tulsi juice benefits is that it improves liver functions considerably. Giloy flushes out all harmful toxins from your body, and Tulsi fights bacteria and gets rid of fevers. Isn't this great news for your immunity?
How to make Giloy Tulsi Juice?
- Take 2-3 small Giloy stems and crush and grind them together in a mixer.
- Add 5-6 tulsi leaves to this mix and grind once more.
- Add 2-3 cups of water to this.
- Over time, the amount of water will be absorbed by the stem, and it will reduce
- You can add sugar or salt to this mix according to your taste.
- Strain this liquid and enjoy!
Giloy Neem Tulsi Juice Benefits
This is the ultimate immunity-boosting drink. Tulsi naturally purifies your blood. Giloy repairs your immune system. Neem is loaded with valuable antioxidants that are sure to keep you in the best of health. Tulsi, Neem & Giloy benefits can be enjoyed through this mixture:
- Peel off the Giloy stem and chop it up into tiny pieces
- Then add about 4-5 leaves of Neem and Tulsi, each.
- Add about 2 glasses of water to this entire mixture.
- Blend and drink up!
Giloy Leaves Benefits
There are numerous Giloy leaves uses and benefits most people are unaware of. Chewing Giloy leaves maintains general health too. They are also used to manage arthritis. Also, the leaves mixed to make a juice can flush all unwanted toxins from your body.
Some additional Giloy leaves benefits are:
- They control blood sugar levels
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve digestion
Giloy Plant Benefits
One of the main Giloy Plant benefits is that it is an antipyretic. What does this mean? It has fever-reducing properties and manages life-threatening fevers like dengue, malaria, and the like.
Some additional Giloy Plant benefits are:
- Fights bacteria
- Enhances cognitive abilities
- Manages type 2 diabetes
Also Read: Ashwagandha - The Ayurvedic Herb To Cure Many Problems
How To Use Giloy?
Every part of Giloy can essentially be used to benefit your health. It can be consumed in various forms like Giloy tablets, Giloy Juice, extract from Giloy leaves, and Giloy Powder.
How To Use Giloy Leaves?
- Giloy leaves help boost personal health by relieving arthritis, indigestion, nausea, and anorexia.
- On preparing the kadha using leaves, Giloy treats fever, gout, and indigestion conditions.
How To Use Giloy Stem?
- Using Giloy stems during the morning flushes out the harmful toxins from the body and improves your skin condition.
- Giloy's uses are essential in improving heart rate and reducing high blood pressure, boosting your testosterone levels.
How To Use Giloy Powder?
Giloy powder uses vary greatly. Here's a popular method to use Giloy powder for better immunity:
- Boil some Giloy stem powder in a vessel on medium heat.
- Keep stirring this mixture till it reduces to about 1/2 a cup.
- Add about 2-3 pieces of long pepper and continue to stir.
- Feel free to add honey to the taste if the taste is too bitter
- You can also store this mixture in an airtight container for future use
What is Giloy Satva?
Giloy Satva remains once the Giloy herb is put into a grinder, soaked, and stirred in water. The starchy portion that remains once this mixture is dried makes Giloy Satva.
Benefits of Giloy Satva
- Its poses as an anti-bacterial remedy for infections, fevers, and a natural antacid that does away with acidity and gastric tract issues.
- It also treats clammy hands and excess problems of perspiration and thirst.
Giloy Kadha : How To Make Giloy Kadha?
There are various ways to make kadha at home using Giloy stems. However, you can also use Giloy powder to make effective and healthy kadha. If you are suffering from Covid-19 or any other issue, Giloy Kadha is one of the best natural remedies.
- Take a cup of water and boil it in a vessel.
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and black pepper to it. (Both of them have anti-inflammatory properties).
- Now, simmer it for a few minutes and add Giloy stems or powder to the mixture.
- Next, add grated ginger and cinnamon spices to the kadha mixture.
- Finally, add a few mint leaves and honey to it.
- Stir it and Serve it hot by straining the stem.
Giloy Tablets: How To Take Giloy Tablets?
The best-prescribed amount of Giloy Ghan Vati or Giloy tablet is two 250 mg tablets twice a day after meals or one 500 mg tablet once in a day.
Guduchi is a natural herb, and there are no such side effects of this Ayurvedic medicine yet. However, it is always recommended to watch out for your blood sugar levels to lower the blood sugar level.
It might taste slightly bitter, but one of the benefits of Giloy Ghan Vati tablet is that it works as a natural immunity booster.
- Sarangi MK and Soni S, March 2013; A Review on Giloy: The Magic Herb. Inventi Rapid: Planta Activa- https://mafiadoc.com/a-review-on-giloy-the-magic-herb_59e594cd1723dd10303a417d.html
- Sinha K, Mishra NP, Singh J, and Khanuja SP, June 2019; Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi), a reservoir plant for therapeutic applications: A Review. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge- http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/9359
- Singh SS, Pandey SC, Srivastava S, Gupta VS, Patro B, and Ghosh AC, June 2019; Chemistry and medicinal properties of Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi). Indian journal of pharmacology- http://medind.nic.in/ibi/t03/i2/ibit03i2p83.pdf
- Gitanjali Devi, September 2020; Medicinal Plant: Giloy- (PDF) MEDICINAL PLANT: GILOY (researchgate.net)