Are you looking for a solution against a hair fall issue? Then worry not, we have just the perfect remedy which helps in regrowing of hair while reducing hair fall. Ashwagandha! An age-old remedy that is another name for the word ‘miracle.’
Frequently asked questions are, ‘Is Ashwagandha good for men’s hair?’ and ‘What are the Ashwagandha benefits for men’s hair.’ The answer? Ashwagandha for hair and hair loss among men is one of the most pivotal herbs in Ayurvedic science. It has been used as a remedy against stress, to increase energy levels, and to improve concentration
Its health benefits surpass any other ayurvedic medicines when it comes to controlling stress. Moreover, stress is deemed one one of the main reasons behind hair fall, thinning of hair and hair loss. It is also known as “Indian Ginseng & Winter Cherry.”
Everyone suffers from hair loss irrespective of their gender or age. Let us walk you through some pressing hair concerns:
The most common reason for hair fall is stress. Stress creates inflammation in the body, which makes the body go into repair mode. It focuses only on the vital body system to regulate and protect. Whereas the least important body system, hair, is the one to completely shut down.
There are different types of hair and scalps when it comes to men, based on their genes. But despite that, ashwagandha can be used on any male hair type. Every type of hair is susceptible to hair shedding, irrespective of their texture or type. The most common form of hair shedding known, is “telogen effluvium” that is also stress-induced.
Ashwagandha’s hair benefits for men:
- Ashwagandha for hair loss works wonders. It is often used as an active and primary ingredient in Ayurvedic shampoos and conditioners because it stimulates your hair follicles and makes your hair grow. This is precisely why Ashwagandha for hair regrowth is also an option considered by men.
- With alarming statistics of male pattern baldness in India, Ashwagandha serves as a meaningful solution for men to gain back their confidence through hair regrowth.
- Ashwagandha is best known as a supplement against stress and anxiety. It controls the cortisol level in the body, which would mostly be the reason behind the thinning of hair among men. This is how Ashwagandha promotes hair growth and controls inflammation.
- Ashwagandha benefits for grey hair- Ashwagandha also prevents melanin loss. Melanin is responsible for the pigmentation of your hair. What does this mean? Say goodbye to premature greying of hair, boys!
- Ashwagandha ensures better digestion and gut health. How does this help your hair? Improved digestion ensures better absorption of nutrients and essential vitamins, in your food, that aid in hair growth, density and structure. So can Ashwagandha help with hair growth too? Yes!
- Men suffering from scalp psoriasis, scalp eczema can also consume Ashwagandha. Its anti-inflammatory effects help eradicate dandruff as well.
- Ashwagandha can also be used for strengthening hair. It contains amino acids and antioxidants, which help in strengthening hair as it avoids hair breakage. This is what makes Ashwagandha benefits for hair regrowth a popular favorite among men.
- Ashwagandha helps from scalp irritation caused by dandruff, psoriasis, and scalp itch as it reduces the inflammation. It helps in improving the condition of the skin overall.
How to take ashwagandha as a supplement for hair:
Most commonly, ashwagandha is used as an oral supplement in the form of a capsule or powder. Some men prefer to take it in its topical form. As long as you stay regular with taking it as a supplement in your daily life, you will start to notice changes. But fair warning by the experts that ashwagandha can interfere with other medications and conditions. Therefore, to be on the safe side, it is advisable to consult a medical professional before adding ashwagandha in your daily supplements.
- Take it orally: Ashwagandha can be taken in the form of capsules or gummy as a hair supplement.
- How to use Ashwagandha powder: Ashwagandha powder can be used as an add-on in your morning coffee or a glass of water. Or mix the powder in your shampoo, let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Make a paste: Applying ashwagandha directly to your hair in the form of paste is also very beneficial. Mix ashwagandha powder with a few drops of water, which make a thick paste, and then apply it to your scalp directly.
- Ashwagandha oil for hair: Use Ashwagandha oil by applying it to your hair, and the changes will be visible in about 12 weeks. This home remedy is particularly beneficial to stop hair fall in winter due to moisturizing properties of the oil.
- Ashwagandha & Ghee: Ashwagandha uses also include consuming it with a teaspoon of ghee. This helps in reducing stress.
Ashwagandha’s other benefits:
- Ashwagandha benefits for skin- Mix one tablespoon of ginger, two tablespoons of Ashwagandha root and one dried lemon peel tablespoon. Apply this on your face after you are done moisturizing your skin. This increases natural facial blood circulation and makes your skin glow.
- Ashwagandha and hair colour- If you’re a man who likes, or can pull off a confident colour in his hair, Ashwagandha helps with that too. Melanin determines and keeps intact, your hair colour or pigment, no matter what it is. And Ashwagandha promotes melanin production.
With one of the longest histories of utilization, which man would not want to give this almost miraculous herb a try to solve their hair concerns?