What is Ashwagandhadi Churna?
Ashwagandhadi Churna is an ayurvedic medicine in herbal powder form. It is a known aphrodisiac - substances that arouse sexual instincts. It is also adaptogenic, which normalizes body functions and strengthens systems compromised by stress.
Ashwagandhadi Churna Ingredients
Apart from these two, some other noteworthy ingredients are:
- Shunthi (dry ginger powder)
- Maricha (black pepper)
- Pippali (dried catkins)
- Mishri (raw sugar)
Ashwagandhadi Churna Benefits and Uses
There are many Ashwagandhadi Churna uses; let us discuss them below. It is effective in the following conditions:
Ashwagandhadi Churna for Oligospermia - Low Sperm Count
How does it help?
The presence of Ashwagandha in the churna improves spermatogenesis (sperm production). Vidhara is known to improve sperm motility. According to a study, there was a 167% increase in sperm concentration in men in a 90-day treatment.
How to consume?: Take a teaspoon of Ashwagandhadi Churna in warm milk regularly during bedtime for at least 75 days.
Also read: Ashwagandha For Sleep. Ashwagandha Uses
Ashwagandhadi Churna for Improving Muscle Strength
How does it help?
Ashwagandha is proven to enhance endurance and muscle strength in men. An 8-week study showed significant improvements in men's muscle strength and possible weight reduction as well. Vidhara is effective for cardiac muscles.
How to consume?: 5 to 10 gms a day in warm water or milk or as directed by your doctor.
Pro Tip: Some resistance training exercises like bench press, push-ups, lunges, in addition to the consumption of Ashwagandhadi Churna, are beneficial.
Ashwagandhadi Churna for Reduction of Stress
The adaptogenic properties of this herb combat the stress in men. Ashwagandha present in the churna cures stress-related male infertility. In a study, almost 14% of men experienced an overall improvement in their semen quality after consumption. Vidhara is a natural sedative. Better sleep also helps in reducing stress.
How to consume?: You can drink tea of Ashwagandhadi Churna with honey. It will relax your mind.
Pro Tip: Along with the churna, practice some stress-busting activities such as spending time with your pet, walking in the garden, etc.
Ashwagandhadi Churna for Hypogonadism- Low Testosterone Levels
How does it help?
Both Vidhara and Ashwagandha are known as incredible testosterone boosters. Ashwagandhadi Churna is effective against Hypogonadism as it helps in testosterone production. It also reduces the production of cortisol (a stress-inducing hormone) which prevents natural testosterone reduction.
How to consume?: Take a teaspoon in semi-solid form after two hours of a meal. Perform this activity twice a day regularly for 3-months.
Pro Tip: Increasing the intake of testosterone-boosting food like Oysters, Low-fat milk, etc., might help.
List of brands that sell Ashwagandhadi Churna
Enlisted below are some brands that sell the churna along with their Ashwagandhadi Churna prices:
Brands and Prices
- Baidyanath Ashwagandhadi Churna- INR 140/- for 100 gms.
- Kamdhenu Ashwagandhadi Churna- INR 368/- for 250 gms.
- Lion Ashwagandhadi Churna- INR 105/- for 100 gms.
- Guapha Ayurveda Ashwagandhadi Churna- INR 200/- for 250 gms
- Unjha ph- INR 100/- for 100 gms.
Tips for purchasing Ashwagandhadi churna
Do a price check: As we just saw above, various brands have different prices for the same quantity. Go for the most trusted one. Even if you are buying Ashwagandhadi churna by Baidyanath, it is listed at different prices at different sites. Research well before investing for the best deal.
Check the ingredients: Check the ingredients of Ashwagandhadi churna before buying in case of allergies. If a particular brand has an ingredient that does not suit your body requirements, you can purchase it from another brand.
Who Should Not Consume It?
Although considered safe, people with certain medical conditions should avoid consumption of Ashwagandhadi.
- People with low or high BP
- Those who have undergone surgery
- People with stomach ulcers
- Those with thyroid disorders
- People with autoimmune diseases
Consult your doctor: Ayurvedic medicines such as Ashwagandhadi Churna affect the body according to the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha dosha. Your naturopathic doctor will be able to assist you according to your body type. Consult your doctor for the dosage recommendation.
- Rinku Tomar, Savita Sharma, Indira Kumari, Vilas Gangurde, Sarada Ota, Pradeep Dua, Shruti Khanduri, Babita Yadav, Rakesh Rana, Richa Singhal, N Srikanth, MM Padhi, and Kartar Singh Dhiman, January 2017; Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Ashokarishta, Ashvagandha Churna and Pravala Pishti in the Management of Menopausal Syndrome: A Prospective Open-labelMulticenter Study- (18) (PDF) Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Ashokarishta, Ashvagandha Churna and Pravala Pishti in the Management of Menopausal Syndrome: A Prospective Open- label Multicenter Study | Shahabuddin Choudhuri - Academia.edu
- Vinod Kumar Joshi and Apurva Joshi, April 2021; Rational use of Ashwagandha in Ayurveda (Traditional Indian Medicine) for health and healing- Rational use of Ashwagandha in Ayurveda (Traditional Indian Medicine) for health and healing - ScienceDirect
- S.Ghosh, A.Bose, and P.Bhateja, August 2014; Standarization of ayurvedic polyherbal formulation (churna) for antioxidant activity- (18) (PDF) STANDARDIZATION OF AYURVEDIC POLYHERBAL FORMULATION (CHURNA) FOR ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY | Subhajit Ghosh - Academia.edu
- Mansi B Modi, Shilpa B Donga, and Laxmipriya Dei; Clinical evaluation of Ashokarishta, Ashwagandha Churna and Praval Pishti in the management of menopausal syndrome- Clinical evaluation of Ashokarishta, Ashwagandha Churna and Praval Pishti in the management of menopausal syndrome Modi MB, Donga SB, Dei L - Ayu (ayujournal.org)