Vitamins found in raisins are beneficial to your health in many ways. Discover how you can easily make raisin water at home and what benefits you can get by drinking it every morning.
Raisin Water Meaning
Raisins are dried grapes that have been preserved for approximately three weeks. They are typically dried in the sun, on paper trays, or in vineyards. The term "raisin water" refers to water in which raisins are soaked or strained.
How to consume soaked raisin water?
Raisin water is packed with health benefits.
But how do you make it?
Here are the steps to making raisin water:
- Soak 150 grams of raisins in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Leave the mixture overnight.
- The following day, strain it and consume it on an empty stomach.
Amazing Benefits of Raisins Soaked in Water
1. Raisin Water for Weight Loss
- Raisins contain dietary fibre, which makes you feel full. A half-cup of raisins may contain about 3.3 grams of fibre. Thus, you may consume fewer calories, which may contribute to weight loss.
- According to studies, raisins daily reduce obesity risk by 39% and metabolic syndrome risk by 54%.
- The dried fruit is prebiotic that helps improve the growth of good bacteria in the gut, which aids in weight loss.
- The natural sugars present in raisins can suppress your appetite and keep blood sugar levels in check. This will help you lose weight naturally.
- Another benefit of dietary fibre is that it helps regulate bowel movements.
2. Raisin Water for Acne
Raisin water contains high levels of potassium and magnesium, which may neutralise stomach acid and prevent "Acidosis" in the body. This helps to reduce breakouts of pimples and boils and clear up your skin.
Also Read: Neem Benefits For Acne
3. Raisin Water Benefits for Skin
- Raisins have antioxidants known to repair cellular damage. They help keep the skin clean, hydrated and make you feel rejuvenated.
- As a result of the amino acids and phytochemicals in raisins, your skin is protected from excessive sun exposure.
- In addition, they protect the skin against damaging effects and may delay premature ageing signs like wrinkles, blemishes, fine lines, and age spots.
- Your skin receives deep nourishment from the inside out, thanks to Vitamin A & E content.
- In raisins, resveratrol may help to detoxify the blood and produce red blood cells. It also promotes clear, glowing skin.
- In addition to providing valuable nutrients to your skin, raisins contain dietary fibre and Vitamin C, which keeps your digestive system active.
Additional Benefits of Raisin Water:
- In addition to detoxifying your blood and flushing harmful toxins from your body, drinking raising water (made from organic raisins) improves the biochemical processes of your liver.
- Due to their high potassium content, raisins are known to balance blood pressure. This is due to the presence of potassium which helps counter the effects of sodium.
- This dried fruit also contains Vitamins C, B and several antioxidants. It helps enhance your body's natural immunity. Ingesting raisins regularly enhances tooth strength and bone mineral density by absorbing these nutrients.
- Iron in raisins helps boost the production of red blood cells (RBCs), which helps to prevent anaemia.
How To Make Raisin Water
- Rinse the raisins thoroughly under running water.
- Take a cup/glass of drinking water and add the raisins.
- Overnight, soak the raisins.
- You should drink the raisin water the following morning after waking up.
- Consider adding 150 gms of raisins 1-2 glasses of water.
Side Effects of Rasin Water
- Commercially grown raisins may contain small traces of pesticides that might reduce energy production in your cells.
- If you consume too many raisins, your body might produce too much soluble fibre, leading to gastrointestinal issues like bloating, gas, and cramps.
- Raisins are bleached and treated with sulfur dioxide to make them look fresh and increase their shelf life. This may be harmful to patients who are sulfate-sensitive or have asthma.