Bhringraj powder benefits for hair
- When Bhringraj powder is mixed with water to form a paste and massaged onto the scalp, it can treat dandruff and bacteria on the scalp.
- When this paste adequately reaches the root, it nourishes and strengthens hair follicles and manages baldness.
- Bhringraj powder is effective in reducing stress-induced hair fall. Stress is one of the primary reasons for hair loss among men. Feel free to read more about stress, hair loss and how to reverse Telogen Effluvium among men.
- Bhringraj powder causes vasodilation in which blood vessels widen, increasing blood flow to your follicles, resulting in new hair growth.
Also read: 5 best Ayurvedic hair oils for hair growth
How to Use Bhringraj Powder
Many people recommend Bhringraj powder for growing silky and strong hair. However, most individuals suffer from the curse of incomplete knowledge and don’t know how to use Bhringraj powder. Here are a few ways of using Bhringraj powder and other variants of Bhringraj for hair.
The great thing about Bhringraj powder is that you can use it to make effective hair packs. It helps you get rid of your hair problems in no time and is a miracle product for your hair health. Wondering how to apply Bhringraj powder for hair growth? Here is an effective hair pack that you can make at home.
Hair Pack for Hair Growth
For those of you with dry and frizzy hair, this is the hair pack that will help you:
- Take a cup of yoghurt.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of Bhringraj powder and Shikakai powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the pack evenly to your hair.
- Leave the hair pack for 20 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo.
How often: Twice a week
Hair Pack For Those ‘Greys’
First things first, having grey hair is perfectly normal. But if you want to darken them temporarily, Bhringraj powder for grey hair will do the trick. Here’s what you need to do:
- Take 1 tablespoon of Bhringraj powder and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix them over low heat.
- Once heated, massage the mixture over your scalp and hair.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
How often: Twice a week
You can also add 1 tablespoon of amla powder and 1 tablespoon of Brahmi powder to make it an Amla Brahmi Bhringraj hair pack.
Some individuals don’t want to go through the trouble of consuming Bhringraj powder or juice. For those people, Bhringraj tablets are ideal. In addition to supporting healthy hair and roots, they also support healthy vision, hearing, memory, and sleep cycle. It’s necessary to store these tablets in a cool, dry place that’s away from sunlight.
How to consume it: Keep the tablet in your mouth and consume it with water. Make sure that the water is at room temperature.
How often: Consume 1-2 tablets daily, preferably between meals. Do not consume them on an empty stomach.
Side-Effects of Bhringraj Tablets
The safe administration of Bhringraj tablets has not been established for lactating or pregnant women. So, if you are a pregnant or lactating woman or know anyone who is, be advised not to use these tablets without consulting a herbalist or Ayurvedic physician.
Eat Bhringraj Powder
Did you know that this hair growth powder can also be consumed directly? All you need is 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Bhringraj powder or Bhringraj churna and a full glass of water. While Bhringraj powder for eating also works, it’s best to consume it with water to avoid potential side effects.
This unique oil comes from the false daisy plant that grows in places like Brazil, India, and Thailand. As per Ayurveda, Bhringraj oil strengthens hair, promotes hair growth, and helps prevent dandruff. In addition to that, it is loaded with different vitamins like vitamin E and vitamin D, along with iron, magnesium, and calcium. But how should you go about using this oil? Read on to know.
To improve your scalp health or hair growth, all you have to do is take some Bhringraj oil and massage it into your scalp. Then wait for an hour for the oil to sink in completely. Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Homemade Bhringraj Oil
If you’re skeptical about commercialized Bhringraj oil, why not make it yourself? Here’s what you need to do:
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Camphor and coconut oil for dandruff have also proven to be effective.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Bhringraj powder.
- Mix them and apply the paste to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for at least 1-2 hours, and rinse with a mild shampoo.
Bhringraj Juice for Hair Growth
Bhringraj juice is known to boost blood circulation in the scalp. The circulation of blood ensures nourishment of your hair follicles and results in healthy hair growth. That is why it is prescribed to individuals who are rapidly losing their hair. It acts as a cleansing solution that calms and detoxifies your scalp. However, it’s essential to be patient with Bhringraj juice as it takes some time for the results to show.
Here’s how you should consume Bhringraj juice for hair growth:
1. Take a full glass of water
2. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of Bhringraj juice in it and drink.
How often: Ideally, you should consume it once a day. Try to consume it on an empty stomach.
You can also replace water with milk and add honey or jaggery if you like.
Which Karisalankanni is best for hair, yellow or white?
In India, you’ll find two variants of Bhringraj or Karisalankanni. One produces yellow flowers while the other showcases white flowers. While both of them get extensively used for making Bhringraj oil, you should go with the white one as it gives better results for hair.
Also read: 11 best Ayurvedic herbs for hair growth
Here are some of the side effects of hair vitaliser Bhringraj.
1. Allergy: Applying Bhringraj powder on your skin or hair can cause allergies in the form of itching or swelling. That is why it’s beneficial to apply a small amount to your body first to test for possible allergic reactions.
2. Causes chills: There’s a possibility that if you consume Bhringraj orally, it can cause chills in your body. Therefore, you must consult a doctor for the proper dosage.
3. Cold and cough: If you’re applying Bhringraj oil, make sure you don’t leave it overnight. It might cause a cold or cough.