Numerous men desire to be taller, a trait often associated with a commanding personality. Not only do they ignore the best practices to do so but they also perform best practices to increase height incorrectly. Want a simple, low maintenance method to increase height naturally? Read on to know more!
Does Hanging Really Increase Height?
Does hanging increase height? Can hanging increase height? Who knew a simple dangle from a jungle gym in the garden could add a few inches to your height? If you think this practice is senseless, think again.
The concept behind hanging and growing taller
How does the association between hanging and height growth really work? While you hang, your entire body is stretched, including your vertebrae. The lower half of your spine stretches even further due to gravity, decreasing squeezing effects of the vertebrae.
We often underestimate gravity’s effects on our body, acting on the joints and cartilage, compressing them and making you appear shorter. The act of hanging goes against this very force, allowing you to increase height. Amazing, right?
How To Perform Hanging Exercise to Increase Height?
- Before you learn to hang, you will need a solid set of horizontal bars. If you can afford them, there’s nothing like a personalised set. Otherwise, most gyms and public gardens nowadays have readily available ones.
- Make sure these bars are adjustable according to your body’s length so you can hang efficiently without your feet touching the ground. A minimum distance of 1 foot is desired between your feet and the ground once you begin hanging.
- Grip the bar tightly, palms facing in the opposite direction, while you hang. After this, slowly let your body loose to feel an excellent stretch throughout your spine
The Bottom Line
Performing hanging exercises alone will not suffice. Here are some additional steps you can follow to speed up your height growth process:
- Go swimming frequently
- Consume a balanced diet rich in protein, folate, iron, calcium, Vitamin A and Vitamin D.
- Stretch before and after hanging
- Get adequate rest and sleep
- Massage the soles of your feet
Does hanging increase height permanently?
Yes! If performed correctly, hanging increases height permanently. Moreover, it is a natural way to do so minus the harmful and damaging height supplements available in the market today.
How long should I hang to increase height permanently?
Start slow. The duration of a hanging exercise to increase height permanently purely depends on personal stamina. You can try hanging for about 10 seconds continuously, gradually building it up to 30 seconds. Once you have gotten the hang of the 30 second limit, you can perform 2-3 repetitions of the same.
Make sure you do not overdo this exercise. Hanging for longer periods does not mean your height will increase at a faster rate. Conversely, it could strain your muscles and bones. The best part of hanging to increase height is that it is not time-consuming. Allotting 2-3 minutes of your day to perform hanging exercises is more than enough.
Does hanging increase height after 18 or 21 years of age?
Every man’s height growth journey is subjective. After 18 - 21 years, the effect of hanging exercises on growth plates may be delayed due to age. Even though it is quite uncommon, if growth plates remain open after 18 to 21 years, height may continue to increase.