Research suggests that premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction exercises can sexually benefit men. Regularly performing exercises and yoga for premature ejaculation strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and eventually, with time, helps you enjoy better sex life.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get and sustain an erection that is firm enough for sexual intercourse. ED is one of the most common sex problems that men report. Various estimates suggest that around 1 in 10 men suffer from it.
Though it’s not unusual for a man to have erection trouble from time to time, ED that is ongoing and progressive is not normal and warrants treatment as it may cause stress, affect confidence levels, and give rise to relationship problems. In many cases, ED is a symptom of another underlying health condition.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is when ejaculation (expulsion of semen from the body) occurs sooner than a man or his partner would like during sexual intercourse. It is also called rapid ejaculation, early ejaculation, or premature climax.
PE is a common problem, affecting around 30-40% of men at some point in time. It may not be a cause for concern if it happens rarely. However, it can be frustrating if it frequently occurs as it can make sex less enjoyable for some people and negatively impact relationships.
However, exercises for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction can help men overcome these issues.
What causes Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
Despite the fact that it was once believed that premature ejaculation was only a psychological condition, doctors now know that psychological factors and biological factors interact to cause premature ejaculation. Some of the factors responsible are:
Physical factors such as,
- Heart disease,
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis),
- high cholesterol,
- high blood pressure,
- metabolic syndrome,
- Parkinson’s disease,
- multiple sclerosis,
- treatments for prostate or bladder cancer,
- injury to the penis, prostate, bladder, or pelvis,
- taking certain medicines,
- alcohol or tobacco use,
- physical inactivity,
- sleep disorders.
Psychological factors such as,
- low self-esteem,
- anxiety or other mental health conditions,
- fear of sexual failure,
- guilt about specific sexual activities,
- stress about sexual performance, or due to other stressors in your life,
- relationship problems due to poor communication
Biological factors that might contribute to PE include,
- abnormal hormone levels,
- low levels of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) such as serotonin or dopamine, which are involved in sexual desire and excitement,
- inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra,
- certain inherited traits.
Psychological factors that may play a role include,
- early sexual experiences,
- sexual abuse,
- negative body image,
- worrying about premature ejaculation,
- feelings of guilt that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
Other factors like,
- underlying erectile dysfunction,
- older age,
- performance anxiety,
- and dissatisfying relationships or interpersonal issues may also play a role in causing PE.
Erectile Dysfunction Exercises
Here are some erectile dysfunction exercises that can help improve ED:
1. Kegel Exercises
- Start by lying down, sitting, or standing. Clench your pelvic floor muscles and hold for 3 seconds.
- Release, repeat 3-5 times. Do this 3-4 times a day.
2. Supine Foot Raises
- Lie down, bend your knees with your feet on the ground. Lift one foot straight out upwards at a 45-degree angle while engaging the pelvic floor muscles.
- Hold for a few seconds, release, and repeat on the other side.
3. Pelvic Curl
- Lie down, keep your hands at your side, knees bent, and feet on the ground.
- Lift your buttocks into the air while engaging your pelvic floor muscles. Tighten your buttocks for a few seconds.
- Exhale, release while slowly laying back on the ground.
- Repeat 4-5 times, increase repetitions to 10 for better results.
Yoga for Erectile Dysfunction
Yoga promotes relaxation and improves blood flow, which can aid in managing ED. Some yoga poses for erectile dysfunction are:
- Lie on your stomach on the mat with feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides, palms facing upwards.
- Exhale while raising your legs and bending your knees such that you get them as close to your buttocks as possible.
- Simultaneously raise your upper body and reach for your ankles with your hands.
- Keeping steady contact with the floor through your pelvis and chest off the floor, lift your thighs away from the ground and heels away from the buttocks. Stay for 20-30 seconds and relax.
2. Brahmacharya Asana
- Sit with legs straight out forward. Place palms next to your thighs on the floor.
- Slightly lean forward and exhale.
- Press into your palms, inhale and lift your pelvis and legs. Knees remain straight. Hold the pose for a few seconds.
3. Janu Sirsasana
- Sit with your legs extended forward. Inhale, bend one knee and bring your heel towards your pelvis.
- Rest your sole on your thigh and release your knee towards the floor.
- Raise both your hands up while inhaling.
- Exhale, hinge forward while keeping a lengthened spine over your extended leg.
- Try bringing your chin to your knee and clasp hands around your foot. Try staying in this pose for 1-3 minutes.
- Raise upwards with your arms overhead while you inhale and return to your sitting position. Repeat this pose on the other side.
Exercises for Premature Ejaculation
The ischiocavernosus and bulbocavernosus muscles in the pelvis surround the penis, which is active during an erection and can therefore be remedied with kegel and pelvic exercises. The premature ejaculation exercises mentioned below should be the first-line of treatment for premature ejaculation:
1. Kegel exercises
Lie on your back on a floor and perform the following actions:
- Sit on your back, hands flat on the floor, and knees pointing up.
- Draw your penis inwards and hold for five seconds, then release.
- As you do this, squeeze your anus muscles, holding them for five seconds, then release them as if you were stopping a bowel movement.
- Release and repeat.
Swimming exercises are the perfect workout for premature ejaculation. It works on all the parts of your body, builds strength, and exercises your core muscles. A good swim regularly can help in better control in bed. It incorporates all the physical muscles of your body and exercises them well.
3. Hip Thrusts
Premature ejaculation can be treated by improving mobility and core strength. Hip thrusts are the perfect workout option as it increases thrust capacity, strengthens muscles and builds stamina. To perform the thrusts:
- Lie down straight with your back on a bench and legs on the floor.
- Use a barbell of desired weight and place it on the hip crease.
- Raise your hips until it aligns with the barbell level in the same line.
4. Kettlebell swings
Kettlebell swings help build and strengthen muscles in the lower abdomen area and make orgasms stronger and more durable. To perform:
- Stand straight with feet wider than shoulder-width.
- Bend your knees to grab the kettlebell with both hands.
- Drive your hips while keeping your back flat and swing the weight up to shoulder height.
- Return to the start position and repeat while maintaining momentum.
- Repeat at least 10 times.
Squats are perfect for building core strength, exercising lower muscles, improving blood flow and thus creating stronger orgasms. They can also help in building stamina and exercising your pelvis.
Yoga for Premature Ejaculation
Some yoga poses that can help you control your ejaculations are:
1. Surya Namaskar
Sun salutation is a dynamic sequence of 12 poses where one bends forward and backwards.
- This movement has a contracting and expanding effect on the pelvic muscles, which proves beneficial in premature ejaculation.
- Performing 18 Surya Namaskar daily can help in managing premature ejaculation and strengthening pelvic and perineal areas.
2. Standing Asanas
Several standing asanas help in improving blood circulation. Some recommended standing asanas are Garduasana, Trikonasana and Uttanasana. The Garduasana (Eagle pose) and the Trikonasana (triangle pose) tone your pelvic muscles and increase blood circulation to these areas.
- Increases blood flow to the pelvic region
- Strengthens the pelvic area
- Provides support to the reproductive organs
- Helps in developing the ability to retain seminal fluid
3. Sitting Asanas
Sitting asanas are also beneficial for premature ejaculation. Some of the best sitting asanas for premature mature ejaculation are the Yog mudra, Matsyendrasana(the fish pose), Paschimottanasana, Shiirsan, Konasana and Vajrasana.
- Helps in strengthening pelvic muscles, increases flexibility and ensures better control of the urinary system
- Improves muscle tonality, blood flow, and ensures higher arousal and better and controlled discharge
4. Lying Down Asanas
Lying down asanas are also very effective for Premature Ejaculation. Some of the best lying down a sense are Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana and Matsyasana.
- Improves the tonality and flexibility of the perineal and pelvic regions
- Strengthens the organs and helps in increasing libido and blood circulation to these organs
Squeeze Exercises for Premature Ejaculation
The squeeze and hold exercise is a method to prevent premature ejaculation, It ensures better control and stronger orgasms. There are multiple types of variations of this exercise that men can perform to control their ejaculations better. Some of them are listed below:
1. Start-stop Method
- In this method, the penis is stimulated and then left just before the orgasm. This is done until the urge to ejaculate goes away.
- Regular practice of the start and stop can help in delaying ejaculation and ensuring stronger orgasms.
2. Squeeze Technique
- This technique involves stimulation of the penis until the orgasm. Just when the person is about to ejaculate, a bit of pressure is put on the head of the penis. This is done to decrease the libido.
- This technique is also performed by placement of the index finger on the backside of the penis.
- Regular practice of this exercise can help in strengthening your pelvic muscles and control PE and ED.
3. Back Squeeze Method
- Lie down on the floor with your hands flat, knees bent and pointing forward.
- Bring your penis towards your body, hold for 5 seconds, squeeze your anus muscles, hold for 5 seconds, and release.
- It engages your pelvic floor muscles.
4. Side Squeeze Method
- Lie down on the floor sideways.
- Place a pillow between your legs and spread them apart.
- Squeeze your legs together, hold for 5 seconds, and release.
5. Chair Squeeze Method
- Sit on a chair comfortably, and squeeze your penis as if you’re stopping urine flow.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
How to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction
There are multiple ways to overcome erectile dysfunction, but most require time and regular practice.
Lifestyle modifications and the right exercises are essential for overcoming erectile dysfunction. You need to ensure that you are in good shape. Keeping your body in check, being active, and performing moderate workouts every week is significant. Special emphasis should be paid to your vascular system to ensure a good blood flow to all body parts.
A diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods, high in protein, and rich in vitamins and minerals acquired from fruits, vegetables and processed foods can help overcome erectile dysfunction.
3. Normal Body Mass Index
Higher body fat is associated with higher occurrences of erectile dysfunction. Having a BMI above the normal increases your chances of erectile dysfunction, and a higher waistline can increase retaining capacity. Staying healthy and bringing in lifestyle modifications is the greatest way to overcome PE.
4. Pelvic Exercise
Strong pelvic muscles and perineal muscles are essential for overcoming erectile dysfunction. Regular training of these muscles with exercise is significant for overcoming ED. This requires a systematic exercise plan and multiple repetitions over multiple days.
Home Remedies to Last Longer in Bed
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem, along with premature ejaculation. Here are a few home remedies to last longer in bed.
Exercises are important for strengthening pelvic muscles, improving libido, increasing capacity to hold seminal fluid and stimulating senses.
2. Medicinal Herbs
Multiple medicinal herbs can help in lasting longer in bed. These herbs work on strengthening your libido and preventing premature ejaculation. Some of these herbs are - Ashwagandha, Dehydroepiandrosterone, Horny goat weed, Ginkgo., L-arginine Red ginseng and Yohimbine.
3. Consume Aphrodisiac Foods
Aphrodisiac foods can help in preventing premature ejaculation and increase stimulation and libido. Some of the best aphrodisiac foods are saffron, fenugreek, pistachios and onions.
Exercise vs. Other Treatments to Last Longer in Bed
Exercises for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction have proven beneficial to last longer in bed. Its effect modulates bodily responses, strengthens muscles, improves holding capacity, and ensures your delayed orgasms, thus giving you a more satisfying experience.
Besides exercise, other treatments that can help in premature ejaculation are foreplay, the use of sex toys, trying out different positions, and using clamps. It also involves communicating on a deeper level with your partner and understanding what excites you. Being honest and experimental is another way to manage premature ejaculation.
When compared with treatments, exercising is a more holistic approach and positively affects your sexual, mental, and physical health.
Summing Up on Exercise for Premature Ejaculation and Erectile Dysfunction
Exercises work efficiently for treating premature ejaculation. A good lifestyle, sleep, hydration and regular exercise with proper planning can help manage Premature Ejaculation and Erectile Dysfunction. Performing a mix of different workouts can ensure you take care of your pelvic muscles, strengthen them, increase blood flow, and help in better blood retention.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Too Much Exercise Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Yes, evidence suggests that too much intense exercise can cause a decline in sexual function and erectile dysfunction in men.
How to Strengthen Penile Muscles?
Kegel exercises, a good diet, and regular exercise are some of the best ways to strengthen penile muscles.
What Is the Fastest Way to Cure ED?
Good sleep, regular exercise, a balanced diet rich in aphrodisiac foods, and proper hydration is the fastest way to cure ED.
What Foods Help You Get Hard?
Foods that increase stimulation, increase blood flow, improve libido and help you get hard are -
- Spinach and other Leafy Greens,
- Dark Chocolate,
Can Squats Cure Premature Ejaculation?
No, Squats cannot cure premature ejaculation alone. A conjugation of multiple lifestyle modifications, a good diet and pelvic exercises can help cure premature ejaculation.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment - Urology Care Foundation - https://www.urologyhealth.org/urology-a-z/e/erectile-dysfunction-(ed)
- Premature Ejaculation: Causes & Treatment - Urology Care Foundation - https://www.urologyhealth.org/urology-a-z/p/premature-ejaculation
- Anjali Mangesh Joshi, October 2020; Role of Yoga in the Management of Premature Ejaculation - PMC - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7502310/
- 5 natural ways to overcome erectile dysfunction - Harvard Health - https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/5-natural-ways-to-overcome-erectile-dysfunction