If you are someone who is looking to invest your time and energy in an activity that promises visible results, skipping is the right option for you. Skipping or jump rope is one of the most effective forms of physical activity or exercise that is not restricted to any particular age group or gender. Each and everyone can participate in regular skipping every day to lose weight, tone the body, and feel good and active from within.
How many Skippings Per Day for Weight Loss?
Jump rope or skipping is known to be a very fast fat-burning exercise that can burn a large number of calories in a short time. If you are a beginner at physical activity or working out, you can slowly start your journey by skipping five minutes a day. Do this for a minimum of 2 to 3 days before increasing the time to 10 minutes and then 15, 20, 30 and thereafter, as per your capacity.
If you successfully practice regularly and reach up to a minimum of 120 skips per minute, you will be able to burn 670 to 990 calories in a session. All you need to do is start now to make it a regular practice and be patient to see the results. Given how effective it is and the number of calories it burns, your weight loss is guaranteed with skipping.
How Many Skippings Per Day To Lose Belly Fat?
One very important thing to remember to lose belly fat is that you cannot target and lose weight in certain parts of your body. It is important to work the entire body and create a calorie deficit to be able to lose weight and then slowly start losing belly fat and other fat accumulated in different body parts. It is also important that a healthy diet contributes to overall weight loss.
The main idea here is to ensure you are actively participating in skipping for a minimum of five minutes, to begin with, and then building up slowly to longer durations to charge up the body. The longer you do it, the faster and better the results are, for overall weight loss, including belly fat.
Benefits of Skipping Per Day
- It is a high-intensity workout or training that also serves as a faster cardio practice, especially before heavy weight training as it prepares the muscles and strengthens them to challenge themselves with bigger weights and multiple reps.
- One of the biggest benefits of incorporating jump rope or skipping in your workout routine or as a solo workout plan is that you can do it both indoors as well as outdoors. All you need is a skipping rope to begin.
- Unlike other training programs and weight-loss routines that charge bomb prices, you can lose weight and have a healthy body, all with the help of a skipping rope that costs the bare minimum.
- Along with weight loss, skipping also actively works towards improving your body balance, overall body coordination, your energy levels, and agility.
- Instead of focusing on a particular part of your body, skipping is a full-body workout that promises visible results with regular practice, even if it’s only for 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- According to doctors, skipping is one physical activity that actively works towards improving and increasing your bone density, which then reduces or eliminates the chances of osteoporosis.