We all look for healthy options to consume for targeting weight loss, hair growth and great skin. And what more nutritious food can you find apart from Flax seeds? So what is Flax seed?
What is flaxseed?
Flax seeds, also known as alsi seeds, qualify as one of the oldest grown crops. There are two types of flax seeds based on their color: brown and golden. Flax seeds are nutritious regardless of their color.
Flax seeds are considered to be some of the most nutritious crops, as they are a rich source of lignans and antioxidants. Nutritionists regard flax seeds to be a super food and hence it is recommended for eating on a regular basis.
Flaxseed Benefits for Men
- Nutrient-rich food.
- Flax seeds are high in Omega-3 fats
- Rich source of lignans which reduces the risk of cancer
- Rich in dietary fiber and aids digestion
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Lowers the blood pressure levels
- Possess high quality proteins
- Control blood sugar levels
- Flaxseeds benefit for weight loss and naturally increase libido as they keep you full for an extended period.
- Flax seeds are natural DHT blocking foods and reduce hair fall in men
How to eat flax seeds daily?
- As a mouth freshener
- The best way to eat flax seeds is to grind it since its husk is difficult to digest for the human body.
- It can be consumed in the form of flaxseed oil as a salad dressing. The flax seed oil has a very low smoke point. Hence, it is advised not to cook with flaxseed oil.
Following are the simple ideas to use flaxseeds in your foods:
- You can add flax seeds in cakes, scones, and cheesecakes.
- Mixing them up in the morning oatmeal.
- Using the flax seed oil as a salad dressing.
- Using it in the home-prepared mayo.
- Adding a spoonful of flax seeds into yogurt or smoothie.
- Using it to build the base of your breakfast bowl.
- Making flaxseed chutney out of flaxseeds
How to Eat Flaxseeds for Weight loss?
Let’s take a look at how to use flaxseeds for weight loss:
Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey for Weight Loss:
This recipe incorporates alsi for weight loss plans.
Ingredients for flax seeds with curd and honey:
- ½ tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup full-fat curd
- 2 tsp organic honey
Method for flax seeds with curd and honey:
Combine all the ingredients listed here in a bowl and serve. Consume immediately. You can also add fruits like strawberry to the mix to make it a healthier option. If you want to know how to eat flax seeds to reduce tummy, this recipe is for you.
Ground Flax Seed Beverage for Weight Loss:
For this recipe, you need to ground the flax seeds or you can buy the grounded flax seeds from the market. This drink boosts metabolism, improves digestion process and keeps you full for a long time.
This recipe helps you understand how to consume flax seeds for weight loss.
Ingredients for weight loss using flax seeds:
- 1 tsp freshly grounded flax seeds (you can ground the seeds in advance and put them in the fridge)
- 1 lemon wedge
- 6 to 8 ounces of hot water
Method for weight loss using flax seeds:
This recipe is best if you want to know how to eat flax seeds with water. Put the flax seeds in the hot water and squeeze the lemon wedge to add some lemon juice. Lemon juice provides vitamin C and works as an immunity booster. Drink this water, first thing in the morning if you are planning to lose weight.
Also Read: Teas for Weight Loss
How to eat flax seeds for hair growth?
Flax seeds contain vitamin B which can promote healthy hair growth. They are beneficial to the human body as well as the mane. To enhance hair growth, it is necessary to use the flax seeds in the right way.
Eating Raw Flax Seeds:
This is self explanatory. You can consume flax seeds in their raw form to enhance the hair growth. You can consume flax seeds by taking 2 tbsp of raw flax seeds when you feel hungry.
Secondly, you can use the raw flax seeds by sprinkling them in the stir fried vegetables.
Also adding spoonfuls of flax seeds in the salads can work wonders.
Flax Seeds Combined With Yogurt:
This is probably one of the most delicious recipes that use flax seeds.
Ingredients for flax seeds with yogurt:
- 1 cup of low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup of chopped strawberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Method for flax seeds with yogurt:
Combine all the listed ingredients in the bowl and consume it for a healthy and voluminous mane.
Also Read: 6 Superfoods For Hair Growth
How To Eat Flax Seeds For Glowing Skin?
These are some of the recipes that use flax seeds as one of the ingredients and are also good for restoring damaged skin. Let us take a look:
Chocolate Milk With Flax Seeds:
What more could be better than a healthy chocolate milk? Read on to know more.
Ingredients for Chocolate Milk With Flax Seeds:
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp freshly ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ ripe banana
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Method for Chocolate Milk With Flax Seeds:
Put all the ingredients in the mixer bowl and blend it until it turns creamy. Consume it immediately.
Flax seed smoothie:
Made with all natural ingredients, this smoothie is bound to make your skin glow.
Ingredients for flax seed smoothie:
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup flavored soya milk
- 1 cup chilled and chopped strawberries (keep some for garnishing)
- ½ cup chopped and chilled bananas
- 2 tsp honey
Method for flax seed smoothie:
Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend it until it is creamy.
Take it out in the glass and drink it fresh.
Also Read: How Spirulina Benefits the Skin
This article explains various benefits associated with flax seeds. Try incorporating them in your diet and see how its nutritional values can benefit you.