Causes of High Body Heat
Ideally, our body temperature should be between 97˚ and 99˚ Fahrenheit, but a few factors increase our body temperature.
External causes of high body heat are,
- Hot weather
- Higher sun exposure
- Physical workout
- Tight clothes
- An imbalanced lifestyle
Internal factors of high body heat include,
- Eating spicy food
- Inflammatory sickness
- Increased thyroid activity
In some cases, dehydration also adds to the problem.
Effects of High Body Heat
High body heat has a number of negative consequences. Apart from causing discomfort to many men, it causes:
- Excess sweating
- Loss of concentration
How to Reduce Body Heat Immediately
Here are a few tips on how to reduce heat in the body:
Putting your feet in a tub of cold water is an effective way of managing your body heat issues. Keep your feet dipped for about half an hour.
2) Try some Yoga!
There are some excellent yogic practices that can help you cool your body temperature down.
3) Sheetali - a cooling breath pranayam:
- Sit comfortably, crossed-legged, on the ground or a comfortable chair.
- Curl your tongue and protrude the outer part to form a hollow tube, then breathe in through your mouth.
- While your tongue becomes wet, the air that passes through it can cool and comfort you.
- Now, breathe in through your mouth and breathe out through your nose.
4) Sheetkar - a hissing sound breath prayanam:
- Sit cross-legged and clench your teeth.
- Open your lips a little wider, and ensure your tongue is extremely close to your teeth, filling in any gaps between your teeth.
- Now breathe in through your mouth and breathe out through your nose.
Other yoga exercises to reduce body heat immediately are Tadasana (Mountain Pose), Ashwa Sanchalasana (Equestrian Pose), Ustrasana (Camel Pose), Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle or Butterfly Pose) and Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose).
How to Reduce Body Heat Through Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Pitta (fire) is one of the three doshas (energies) that circulate in a body and govern its metabolism. To reduce body heat, consuming a pitta-reducing diet is helpful. This can be achieved by consuming water-rich foods like watermelon, cucumber, berries, plum, broccoli, etc.
How to Reduce Stomach Heat?
Here are some foods you should eat to reduce stomach heat:
- Watermelon and muskmelon: As watermelon and muskmelon are high in water content, they help to reduce body heat quickly. They are also easily digestible.
- Aloe Vera: Its calming and cooling properties can assist you in maintaining a healthy body temperature.
Here are some foods you should avoid to reduce stomach heat:
- Spicy and salty food: Hot, spicy foods are stimulants that increase body temperature. Consuming too much spicy food increases blood circulation. The burning sensation caused by eating spicy food raises body temperature.
- Non- vegetarian food: Non-vegetarian food items are difficult to digest and produce body heat. Therefore, avoid these foods to reduce stomach heat.
- Alcohol: Alcohol dehydrates your body. Dehydration can lead to increased body temperature.
How to reduce internal body heat?
How to reduce internal body heat? This can be reduced by consuming some fluids, such as:
To relieve the heat in the stomach induced by diverse eating and drinking habits, drink plenty of water. Water aids in the removal of toxins created by extreme heat and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Coconut water
Coconut water can help you recover from extreme tiredness. It is high in minerals and electrolytes, which aids in rehydrating your body during periods of high heat or stress.
Buttermilk is a good home remedy for lowering body temperature. If you’re feeling exhausted by the heat, the vitamins, minerals and probiotics present in buttermilk can help restore the body’s natural energy. It is also good for the body’s metabolism system.
- Castor oil
Take some castor oil and apply it inside the navel, the anahata (middle of the chest), the vishuddhi (middle of the neck), or behind the ears. This remedy will cool down the system within a few minutes.
How to control body heat?
How to reduce body heat naturally? Here are some ways to reduce body heat naturally, apart from diet and yoga.
- External factor: Wear white or light-coloured clothing, mainly cotton or linen, which are light and allow air to travel through.
- Ventilation: Maintain a well-ventilated environment or sit near a window to keep your body from overheating.
Follow a healthy lifestyle: By following a healthy lifestyle, one can avoid the problems of high body temperature. Avoid overeating and late-night meals as they heat up the body and lead to other health problems.