Lemon Juice for Dandruff
Lemon juice for dandruff has proved to be successful in both the treatment and nourishment of hair. The citric acid found in lemon juice helps fight dandruff from the roots, as it adjusts the pH of the scalp. Its antimicrobial properties allows it to control the fungal activity happening in the scalp. It also strengthens the hair follicles.
Detailed below is an explanation of how to use lemon juice for dandruff.
Lemon juice and Honey
Lemon juice can be combined with honey in order to strengthen your hair and fight dandruff. Honey’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial compounds help keep the fungal activity underneath the skin under control, as does lemon juice. The scalp is also kept hydrated, making the solution a good combatant for itchiness and dryness.
To expect best results:
- Add about 3 tbsps of honey to 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Mix them well and apply it onto your scalp
- Leave it for around 20 minutes before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo
- Repeat once in every 4 days
Lemon juice and Aloe Vera
Mixing aloe vera to lemon juice can also help fight off dandruff.
In order to get healthier hair:
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to it
- Mix them well and apply this onto your scalp
- Rinse off after 1 hour. Avoid conditioning your hair until your dandruff is gone
Curd for Dandruff
Listed below are some ways one could use curd in their hair treatment for curing dandruff.
Curd and Lemon Juice
One effective method of removing dandruff is using curd hair masks for dandruff. In order to make and apply a curd hair mask, follow these simple steps.
- Take 1 cup of curd, 5 tsp of fenugreek seed powder, and 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl
- Apply the mask to your hair with the help of a hairbrush
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on for about 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo.
- Use it twice a week for a month
Curd and Aloe Vera
Another method is to mix aloe vera and curd and rub the solution onto your scalp. Curd can strengthen and offer a cooling effect for your hair. Using this hair mask once a week can not only remove dandruff, but also get rid of hair fall. For best results, make and apply as follows:
Listed above are only a few of many helpful and effective home remedies for dandruff. Lemon and curd are both easily accessible and easily applicable, and we highly recommend you give some of these treatments a try!