With so much misinformation surrounding masturbation, it's becoming tough to distinguish between facts and fable. Thanks to the internet, these myths aren't going away any time soon. While some of these are misleading, others are downright absurd.
Masturbation Effects on Kidney: What People Think
Many individuals tend to fall for misleading information. This is due to the lack of reliable sexual wellness information on the internet. Some of the myths around masturbation include:
- Masturbation increases the growth of hair on the palms.
- Masturbation leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Masturbation results in a low sperm count.
- Masturbation leads to penis shrinkage.
- Masturbation damages kidneys and causes kidney failure or kidney pain.
Masturbation Effects on Kidney: The Reality
Found on both sides of the spine, kidneys are responsible for turning extra waste and water into urine. The tube through which the urine ultimately gets released is called the urethra.
When a man indulges in sexual intercourse or masturbates and gets an erection, the internal sex plumbing shuts off the bladder. The sphincter at the base of the bladder closes. This ensures no urine flows, contaminates, or kills the sperm cells of the individual. The kidneys, urethra, uterus, and bladder all work together.
So, there's no effect of masturbation on kidneys. They keep functioning in the usual manner.
Some people believe that a loss of nutrients and protein through semen can lead to kidney damage. However, there's no solid scientific backing behind this theory. As per a 2013 study, there's only about 0.25gm of protein in one ejaculation of semen.
This amount can be replenished easily. So, all in all, nutrition loss isn't so severe and doesn't lead to kidney damage.
As per a 2020 study, masturbating 3-4 times per week can help eliminate 5-10 millimeter stones in people with kidney stones. While this research had some interesting observations, more substantial evidence is required to understand their correlation.
Also read: How to get rid of masturbation pimples?
While masturbation alone isn't harmful, doing it in excess can have severe consequences. Here are some of the possible implications of extreme masturbation.
Excess masturbation causes weakness
Does masturbation cause weakness? No, it doesn't. However, masturbating in excess can lead to fatigue. As your semen contains vital minerals and vitamins, ejaculating in excess results in your body feeling weak.
Excessive masturbation causes back pain
If you're wondering, 'Does masturbation cause back pain?' Then no, it doesn't. In most cases, back pain after masturbation results from your posture during the act. But as mentioned above, keeping it in check is vital as extreme masturbation is harmful to your entire body and can cause back pain. It can be relieved with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine and a heat pack.
Over masturbation side effects on eyes
- Over masturbation can lead to blurry visions. Blurry visions are caused by a deficiency of nitric oxide, which escalates from over masturbation. This deficiency can lead to diminishing of vision and sunken eyes with dark circles.
- Studies have shown that excessive masturbation can cause pain in the eyes, followed by a negative impact on the eyesight.
Pain After Masturbation in Excess
- The problem with frequent or excess masturbation is that it can lead to soreness and body pain. The body pain is a consequence of groin pain that extends from the testicles resulting from excessive masturbation.
- Some men who masturbate excessively often end up using a lot of friction. As a result, they suffer from testicle pain that also irritates. In some cases, the pain is also accompanied by a sensation of nausea and swelling.
- That is why it's necessary to take a break until the discomfort settles if you suffer from any pain after masturbation. More importantly, if you're suffering through constant pains after masturbation, consult a doctor immediately.
Can Masturbation Cause Infection?
- Men who don't follow good hygiene practices while masturbating are prone to developing a UTI or urinary tract infection. Some of the symptoms of UTI are abdominal pain, frequent urge to urinate, and foul-smelling urine. If you leave UTIs untreated, they might spread to your kidneys.
- Not cleaning up after you masturbate can cause a thick, white substance called Smegma to accumulate around the head of your penis. Some amount of Smegma is essential to lubricate your penis.
- However, a build-up can cause penile infections like Phimosis or tightening of your foreskin. It could also lead to Balanitis- a penis infection in which the head and foreskin of your penis are inflamed.
What To Eat For Masturbation & Why? Here's What To Know
Masturbation on its own is a healthy habit. But some men tend to masturbate in excess and indulge in unhealthy addiction. So if you're wondering what to eat after masturbation, here are a few recommendations.
Having Pomegranates helps in regaining energy
Pomegranate is one of the most beneficial fruits to have after masturbation. It is full of essential nutrients that helps to increase the sperm production. Pomegranate in raw form or pomegranate juice helps the body to re-energize after masturbation and boost the overall sexual health.
Eating nuts help in regaining masturbation energy
To regain energy after masturbating, you can have a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts. It's ideal to have 3-4 pieces of each. You can also consume them with a banana and milk to make a healthy and delicious smoothie. As they have essential amino acids, any minor weakness you may feel after masturbating will go away.
Consuming saffron rejuvenates sexual health
Famous for rejuvenating sexual health, saffron is a quality herb that you can consume after masturbating. All you have to do is add a few strands of saffron in milk and drink. It'll leave you energized and rejuvenated.
Drinking milk boosts your masturbation drive
As we all know, milk can replenish any form of deficiency that one might have in the body. Packed with calcium and protein, drinking a glass of milk after masturbating will bring back your lost energy. If you're a man of flavour, you can make cold coffee, strawberry shake, or banana smoothie.
Does masturbation cause AIDS?
No. Masturbation does not cause AIDS. AIDS is caused if a person has sexual intercourse with a person who is infected by the HIV virus without any proper protection. Since in the process of masturbation only one person is involved, as person cannot contract AIDS
Does masturbation cause weakness?
No. Masturbation does not cause weakness if done in a controlled manner. However, excessive masturbation can lead to weakness. Tiredness caused due to excessive masturbation can lead to weakness in the human body and leads to decreased immunity.
- Derek H. Owen and David F. Katz, January 2013; A review of the physical and chemical properties of human semen and the formulation of a semen simulant.
- Jennifer R. Rider, Kathryn M. Wilson, Jennifer A. Sinnott, Rachel S. Kelly, Lorelei A. Mucci, and Edward L. Giovannucci, March 2016; Ejaculation frequency and risk of prostate cancer- europeanurology.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0302-2838%2816%2900377-8
- Hasan Turgut & Mehmet Sarier, October 2020; Evaluation of the efficacy of masturbation on distal ureteral stones: A prospective, randomized, controlled study- link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11255-020-02672-y
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service; Food Data Central- fdc.nal.usda.gov/index.html