What Is Nofap?
No Fap is a movement. A masturbation movement. Most importantly, it is an approach to the act of masturbation that involves abstaining from this sexual activity for prolonged periods and semen retention. Men often seek to re-establish control over their lives and stay away from compulsive sexual behaviour.
No Fap Benefits In Ayurveda?
The Ayurvedic discipline believes that the food we consume produces blood in our systems which, in turn, produces semen. Hence, an ejaculation of unnecessary semen is directly related to a loss in the life force. Avoiding the constant usage of reproductive organs for the sake of pleasure gives the body mental benefits that come from the act of exercising control. These newfound benefits are transformed into Ojas or spiritual energy that comes from pure thoughts.
Scientific Benefits of NoFap
As per studies, it is believed that pornography causes addiction. The core motive of the NoFap anti-masturbation movement is to break that chain by avoiding masturbation for a stretch of at least 30 to 90 days at a time.
NoFap Regulates The Dopamine System
Dopamine is the neural chemical compound present in the brain which tells you to take the initiative, makes you feel motivated, satisfied, and aroused. When you refrain from fapping, the dopamine levels in your brain decrease.
The brain adjusts to the low dopamine level. Research suggests it increases the number of dopamine receptors to maximise the low dopamine effect. By having more dopamine receptors, you will feel more pleasure from doing simpler things.
NoFap Manages ADHD
Excessive fapping is associated with ADHD, which stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It mobilises the neurotransmitters that make you feel calm and good.
NoFap Betters Mental Health And Self Esteem
Excessive masturbation ruins your brain functioning by not allowing you to focus on other parts of life. It also helps us feel a sense of reward. Research shows a relationship between low dopamine levels and social anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. One of the effects of not masturbating is that it brings back your confidence.
Also read: Masturbation effects on kidney and back pain
NoFap Mental Advantages
- It increases your willpower and your overall level of motivation. This enables you to stick to your goals for yourself due to the increase in dopamine levels.
- Giving up on masturbation makes you more confident by reversing the damage caused by porn addiction.
- It makes you sharper by eliminating the brain fog that you tend to develop when you masturbate excessively.
- It helps you stay present in the moment and enables you to improve your quality of life as a whole. Staying away from masturbation makes you happier and increases your life satisfaction. You start focusing on things of more importance and decrease procrastination levels.
- You gain a sense of discipline because you train yourself to maintain the no fapping routine.
NoFap Physical Advantages
- It increases energy levels and makes men feel stronger, which in turn increases productivity.
- According to studies, It boosts testosterone levels in the body. A week of NoFap can boost testosterone levels by 150%. Increased testosterone means higher sperm production, better libido, stronger bones and muscles.
- NoFap will help you get better erections as it changes the addictive high stimulus environment you create in your brain with excessive masturbation.
- It helps with better physical performance and stamina as, while fapping, your brain gets rewired.
- It improves sperm quality and helps you become more focused. According to experts, 2 to 7 days of abstinence makes weak sperm grow stronger.
- NoFap helps you prioritise your sleep and subsequently improves your sleep cycle.
- Last but not least, NoFap saves you an ample amount of time.
- No major health issues are associated with not fapping
- It can cause epidermal hypertension
- In the beginning, it can be challenging and frustrating. This can cause irritation and mood swings.
- Refrain from using porn, edging and masturbating
- Avoid having sex for a set period of 90 days
- You can have sex after the reset period
- Set a goal and make streaks by following rules every consecutive day.
- Do not imagine, scroll or watch anything that will increase your chances of fapping.
In A Nutshell - Fapping Or No Fapping?
According to scientific evidence, not ejaculating for a few days may enhance testosterone levels and even increase sperm count. Other benefits of NoFap, however, are not scientifically proven. That being said, enough positive, anecdotal evidence from the NoFap community includes satisfied men staying away from masturbation and pornographic videos. If it works for you, make sure to stick to it. If it doesn't, ensure you control your masturbation and limit it to once a day.
Also read: Masturbation effects on the memory and brain
Does NoFap Increase Sperm Count?
Research shows that men with infertility issues and low sperm count often benefit from NoFap as it helps improve sperm quality (that is, its concentration and motility).
How long should NoFap Last?
It is recommended to go for NoFap for at least 90 days. Once you complete this goal, you can choose to continue following it.
Does Masturbating Make You Tired?
Yes, it does. If you masturbate often, your body becomes insensitive towards dopamine, leaving you feeling depressed and exhausted with low energy levels. You can become demotivated. When you consider NoFap, it balances your hormone levels and helps you get your energy and motivation back.
Todd Love, Christian Laier (2015) Neuroscience of Internet Pornography Addiction: A Review and Update (Behavioural Sciences) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4600144/
Hugo Juárez Olguín, David Calderón Guzmán (2016) The Role of Dopamine and Its Dysfunction as a Consequence of Oxidative Stress (Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684895/
Felix Zimmer, Roland Imhoff (2020) Abstinence from Masturbation and Hypersexuality (Archives Of Sexual Behaviour) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7145784/
Marlene Hartmann (2020) The totalising meritocracy of heterosex: Subjectivity in NoFap (Sexualities) https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342514403_The_totalizing_meritocracy_of_heterosex_Subjectivity_in_NoFap