If slicing and dicing onions bring tears to your eyes- you are not the only one. Don't rush to conclusions with onion, though. Please read the whole blog to discover them in a new light!
Benefits of Eating Onions for Men
Few people know that onions are potent aphrodisiacs. They help maintain the hardness of the penis during sexual intercourse and increase stamina, which helps prolong the act. They also increase the production of testosterone in the body.
Onions contain many phytochemicals, which boost the production of Vitamin C. This, in turn, helps strengthen the immune system and fight off toxins that weigh down on stamina, among other things. The juice of onions also works directly on the endocrine glands, which produce sexual stamina-boosting hormones.
As per a study conducted on male rats, 75% of the rats showed an immediate increase in testosterone production when onion juice was administered to them. Onion juice has been used to treat hypoactive sexual desire throughout history, up until recent times.
Apart from increasing penile strength and improving sexual stamina, onions are also known to increase sperm count, managing men's infertility.
How should one have it?
Take three tablespoons of onion juice mixed with ginger extract every day. It increases sperm count and boosts libido considerably. These are but a few benefits of eating onions for men.
For best results, it is suggested to mix ginger and garlic with onion juice and then sip it slowly. It is done to allow the body system to adjust to the bitter liquid. Combining onion with garlic is an excellent idea for achieving a better erection since both these vegetables contain a powerful compound called allicin. It helps the arteries relax and facilitates faster blood circulation, thereby enabling more blood to rush to the penis during intercourse, resulting in a firmer erection.
Also read: Giloy benefits for men
Benefits of Eating Raw Onions Every Day for Men and Everyone Else
Men, however, are not the only ones who stand to benefit from the regular consumption of onions. There are onion benefits for men and everyone else. Diseases such as sore mouth, heart diseases, and headaches have been managed using onion extracts for a long time. There are innumerable benefits of onions, a few of which are mentioned below:
- Onions are packed with nutrients like Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and B9 (folate), which improve metabolism and the production of red blood cells.
- Onions have anti-inflammatory properties, which makes them highly beneficial for people with high blood pressure.
- Is onion good for your heart? Yes. Harmful cholesterol levels can be decreased considerably with onions. They contain bioactive sulphur compounds, which increase the conversion of cholesterol to bile acids. Cooked onions, rather than raw, are the best for achieving this effect.
- Consuming onions can help people with asthma since the anti-inflammatory properties of onions assist in clearing the airways.
- One bulb of onion contains around 25.3 gm of calcium. Thus, consuming one whole bulb per day will give you stronger bones and joints.
- Various kinds of allergens in air and water can cause respiratory issues in people. Onions can relax the muscles of the isolated trachea in people with respiratory problems.
- The high vitamin C content of an onion bulb can drastically improve your oral health. Onions contain several antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties, which help prevent oral diseases. Eating raw onions helps strengthen teeth and wipe out the harmful bacteria in the mouth. Many people would think of it as highly unlikely given that onions have a bad reputation for giving us bad breath, but this is a startling fact that not many are aware of.
- Apart from Vitamin C, onions are also blessed with high quantities of Vitamins K and A. These get rid of pigmentation issues and serve to shield the human skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. And as we all know, shielding the skin from UV rays lessens the risk of certain skin cancers.
- Onions are very healthy for all types of hair. Applying onion extract to your hair and leaving it on for a few minutes before washing it off can make your hair more shiny and voluminous. They also help reverse alopecia, fight hair greying, and serve to calm down itchy scalps. It is no wonder that many hair care products, right from Ayurvedic solutions to modern processed shampoos, have onion extract in them. This is mainly because of the high sulfur content in onions, which supports thick and long hair growth. Not only this, the antioxidants present in onion juice protect the hair strands from damage by free radicals.
- Onions can help women battle ugly premenopausal symptoms and make the transition easier for them. Since it contains calcium, it helps women pass through this stage without battling problems such as osteoporosis. Seen in that light, onions are a vital food.
So, is raw onion good for health? From all the benefits mentioned above, we can comfortably say that one should consume onions every day.
Are There Any Disadvantages or Side Effects Of Eating Onion
Consuming onions is a safe practice for most individuals. However, eating raw onions excessively may cause stomach distress, abdominal pain and discomfort.
Is Raw Onion Good for Health?
Consuming onions in their raw form have multiple health benefits for everyone. These include lower cholesterol levels, lower risk of heart complications, and strokes due to high sulphur compounds present in this vegetable. Moreover, eating raw onions are excellent for insulin production, proving beneficial for diabetes patients.
So, Why Do Onions Benefit Men and Everyone Else in a Nutshell…
Onions contain high amounts of sulphur that lowers cholesterol levels and improves hair health. Vitamins A, C and K present in onions reduce skin pigmentation. Moreover, the antioxidants present in onions minimise stress and also improve oral health.
Also read: Dates benefits for men
What Happens If you Eat Onions Every Day?
Your health improves! Eating onions every day provides your body with essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins to sustain overall health. Onions help prevent cancer, reduce stress, improve hair texture, contribute to a healthy bone structure and help regulate blood sugar levels.
Do Onions Burn Belly Fat?
Onions happen to be a source of soluble fibre. This makes onions a popular prebiotic food. Prebiotic foods usually ensure a healthy gut which goes a long way in terms of weight loss and burning unnecessary belly fat. A great way to consume onions to lose belly fat is in the form of a soup.
- Use around six red onions, three sliced tomatoes and one cup of shredded cabbage.
- Take around four cups of healthy vegetables available to you.
- Grate some ginger and around two cloves of garlic for taste.
- Add two teaspoons of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
What Can Onions Cure?
Onions can treat hair loss, regulate blood sugar levels that help manage diabetes, aid in weight loss, ensure better iron absorption in your body, improve heart health, reduce anxiety and much more!
Saleem Ali Banihani (2019) Testosterone in Males as Enhanced by Onion (Allium Cepa L.) (National Library of Medicine) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6406961/