A penis sleeve/penis cover/penis extender, commonly known as a sex toy, is a hollow and penis-shaped cover that can be worn around a penis during sex. These penis sleeves act against Erectile Dysfunction, a condition in which a penis can’t stay hard and in shape for a long time during sexual intercourse.
Penis sleeves help overcome the difficulties caused due to Erectile dysfunction in a non-surgical way by acting as a cover to the Penis that stays hard the whole time.
They add a few inches of extra length to the Penis, make sex more pleasurable, and enhance the excitement. They come in different sizes for both kinds of individuals:
- Those who prefer to specifically want extra length and
- Those who want it to stay hard during penetrative sex.
What is a Penis Sleeve/ Penis Extender/Penis Cover?
Penis sleeve has multiple names such as cock sleeve, penis sheath, penis extender sleeve or penis extensions. Initially, it was made for treating conditions like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
However, gradually, it became a sex toy. Men can use it to increase the length and width of their penis. These sleeves provide numerous benefits.
Why Use a Penis Sleeve? Penis Cover Benefits
- Research suggests it works as a penis enlargement sleeve and is used significantly to enhance the size of a penis.
- Men who have erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation problems may also use it to maintain erections and decrease sexual sensations so that they can last longer before ejaculating.
- Couples can use it as a sex toy to elevate sexual pleasure. These sleeves may have dots and nubs on the inside or outside to provide stimulation.
What Does Research Say About Its Effectiveness?
Over the years, most research implies that the effectiveness of Penis sleeve/Penis cover/Penis extender is unscientific and largely depends on the wants and needs of a person or individuals involved in sexual intercourse. Nevertheless, as per the research studies reported and published in the National Library of Medicine, it is proved that the devices like Penis sleeves directly result in enlarging the length of a penis.
As per the studies, penis sleeves are used to preserve an erection during intercourse, and it can also be termed as a non-surgical strategy that can help people achieve an orgasm.
Things to Consider Before You Buy a Penis Extender
You can find penis sleeves in different sizes, shapes and materials. This is why you need to consider specific points before buying a penis cover:
- Material of the sleeve: One generally makes penis covers by using silicone and rubber. Some manufacturers also use plastic to make the sleeves. You need to check which material is comfortable for you before you commit to one.
- Size and Type: The cover comes in different sizes, shapes and types. Some sleeves cover the whole penis, whereas others are open-ended.
- Purpose: You need to consider your purpose for buying the sleeve. Depending on your purpose, choose the type of cover you require. If you’re looking to increase your penis width, an open-ended penis cover will suit you best. If you’re looking for one for the sake of sexual pleasure, then a rubber or silicone penis sleeve will be more suitable since it has a vibration function/dots on it.
- Cost: The cost of covers vary depending on the purpose they serve, the material that they are made of, etc. The brand name also determines the price.
How to Use a Penis Sleeve / Penis Cover?
Mentioned below is the simple process of using the penis sleeve:
- The sleeve should fit you comfortably. Order the sleeve after measuring your penis’s full length, i.e. when it’s fully erected. Avoid buying sleeves that are too loose or too tight.
- Check out the material of the sleeve. Some material may cause an allergic reaction on your skin, so before buying the sleeve, find out which material is comfortable for you.
- Wear the sleeve when you’re half erect and allow your penis to be fully erect in the sleeve. Now, the sleeve shouldn’t move forward or backwards. It should stay in place.
- Use water-based lubricant before wearing the sleeve. You may also use lubricant on the inside and outside of the sleeve.
- If you cannot reach your length, you might need a penis sleeve with a belt or ball loop to keep it steady. You can tie the belt around your waist or put the loop around your testicles and slip your penis into the sleeve.
How Do Penis Sleeves Work?
Penis extender sleeves, known by many names such as penis sheath, are penis extensions that are fully covered around a penis during sex. They are available in a wide range of sizes and are prepared using silicone or rubber.
These penis enlargement sleeves are specially designed to work on two things mainly. The first one is for individuals affected by erectile dysfunction. Penis sleeves help have sex easier by staying firm in a particular shape reducing its sensitivity level, even if your penis is not entirely erect during intercourse.
The second reason is to help partners have an enhanced experience of sex, making it more exciting and intimate by adding extra length to the penis alongside providing vibrations and textural features.
Are Penis Sleeves Safe?
Yes, they are safe. You can call it a temporary substitute for surgery or medication. These sleeves provide aid to you during sex by controlling erectile dysfunction. However, to find out the root cause of your medical condition, you need to consult a doctor.
Are Penis Sleeves Effective?
It is effective in increasing your penis length nonsurgically and enhancing sexual pleasure. It allows a man to experience sexual pleasure even if he experiences erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation. However, penis sleeves are not a permanent solution for getting rid of the underlying medical conditions that might cause these symptoms. It would help if you kept in mind that its effectiveness depends on the sleeve’s shape and fit. Hence, it is essential to measure your penis carefully so that you can purchase the correct size.
Other Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Penis sleeves can be a great option to make penetrative sex exciting, intimate, and more enjoyable; however, this is not to only option for ED, Erectile Dysfunction. Some of the other treatment options are:
1. Erectile Dysfunction Medication
Several medicines are available in the market to treat Erectile Dysfunction. Some well-known and popular medications include Viagra, Tadalafil, Avanafil, Levitra, etc.
These medicines are proven to work effectively when you find it challenging to keep the penis hard and in shape throughout sexual intercourse.
2. Erectile Dysfunction Devices
In addition to penis sleeves, many other devices could help fight Erectile Dysfunction. Some devices include vacuum erection devices, ED or penis pumps, cock rings, and several other sex toys.
While the research about the effectiveness of these devices is still inconclusive, many men have found it helpful. They suggest that it’s worth checking out the effectiveness, as it’s anecdotal, i.e., it depends on the needs of individuals.
3. Changes in Lifestyle
Suppose your Erectile Dysfunction is because of physical issues such as obesity, blood pressure, weight gain, etc. In such cases, you’ll have to make the necessary lifestyle changes to ensure that these issues become less severe and eventually disappear so that you can enjoy having penetrative sex.
These lifestyle changes could include maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, physical exercises to keep you fit, reducing the consumption of alcohol, etc.
Risks and Side Effects of Penis Extender
The sleeves are not risky, but they may cause friction if the size doesn’t fit properly. Due to the friction, you may experience pain and soreness. That is why you must wear the correct sleeve size.
In the rarest of the rare cases, a penis sleeve may cause a penile fracture due to intensive use or because of continually wearing the wrong size.
In a Nutshell: Should You Consider Using A Penis Sleeve?
The penis extender is helpful if you purchase one according to your needs—namely, sexual preferences, erection management, or increased penis length. However, be warned that there are limited studies discussing penis sleeves and their link to elongated penis size. The larger scientific community believes that there is no proven natural method to increase penis size and length.
Also read: Tight foreskin penis treatment
How Much Do Penis Sleeves Cost?
Since Penis sleeves come in different sizes, they enlarge differently, and their costs vary accordingly. However, Penis sleeves in India may cost roughly around 1000-3000 INR, depending upon their sizes. The prices are almost the same for silicone penis sleeves and rubber penis sleeves.
Does Wearing a Penis Sleeve Treat Ed?
Wearing a Penis sleeve ensures that you enjoy your sexual intercourse with your partner regardless of the ED problem you are facing. More than seeing it as a treatment, Penis covers can act as a placebo for conventional treatments that take a long time for recovery. However, to treat the ED completely, further medical assistance is mandatory.
Does Using a Penis Sleeve Add the Length of the Penis?
Speaking contextually, Penis sleeves add one to three inches of length to the penis when they are worn around a penis. However, they don’t add to the actual size or permanently increase the length of the Penis.
Is a Penis Sleeve a Sex Toy?
Yes, Penis sleeves can fall under the category of sex toys. It can be used to enhance the excitement of sexual intercourse between partners in individuals suffering from ED.
- Mohammadreza Nikoobakht, November 2011; Effect of penile-extender device in increasing penile size in men with shortened penis: preliminary resultsm- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20102448/
- Richard Wassersug, November 2017; Non-pharmacological and non-surgical strategies to promote sexual recovery for men with erectile dysfunction - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5715194/