What is Shikakai Shampoo?
Shikakai Shampoos are available in the market. You can buy them either on their own or as an ingredient of shampoo with other herbs.
Shikakai has effective cleansing qualities, among other benefits. Applying it as part of a herbal shikakai shampoo helps you experience its cleaning and soothing benefits.
What is Shikakai Oil?
Shikakai Oil can be purchased in the market or made at home. You can buy it as it is or as part of a herbal oil with other herbs.
Applying Shikakai Oil to your hair is an excellent way to reap most of the benefits it has to offer for your hair’s health.
Benefits of Shikakai Shampoo & Shikakai Oil
- Shikakai shampoo and shikakai oil have natural ingredients that add shine to hair and make it softer.
- Shikakai can cure dandruff with regular use. Anti-fungal properties of shikakai shampoo and shikakai oil nourish the scalp and reduce itching, dryness and flakiness of the scalp. It’s the best herbal shampoo for dandruff.
- Shikakai shampoo and oil strengthen the roots, giving you stronger, healthier hair and reducing hair fall. You can also try Jatamansi for hair.
- Shikakai shampoo is good at leaving your scalp feeling clean without being harsh because of its mild natural cleansing properties. This makes it the best mild shampoo for dandruff and hair fall.
- Using shikakai shampoo and oil can also help stop the growth of and even totally remove lice from hair with regular use.
- A shikakai oil massage can help cure a headache or relieve stress after a long day with its soothing properties.
- Making a shikakai shampoo or shikakai oil at home or purchasing it from the store can be cheaper than other chemical shampoo alternatives.
- Given all its benefits, it makes for a more affordable and better choice of hair care product than any other shampoo or oil available in the market.
Also read: Shikakai soap benefits for hair and skin
Amla Reetha Shikakai Shampoo
Combining shikakai with other herbal ingredients like amla and reetha redoubles its benefits in very many ways:
- Amla reetha shikakai shampoo can be helpful for oily hair. It cleanses excess oil development without stripping the scalp of its natural oils.
- The exceptional cleansing properties of amla reetha shikakai shampoo leave your hair looking shinier and make it stronger.
- Regular use of amla reetha shikakai shampoo can help reduce dandruff, dry scalp, flaking, and itchiness.
- Antioxidants in amla reetha shikakai shampoo can help combat premature greying of hair and even delay the natural process of greying.
Why Choose Amla Reetha Shikakai Shampoo?
A natural herbal shampoo made with the combination of Amla Reetha Shikakai is mild, not laden with chemicals and gives you visible results by enhancing your hair quality with regular use.
If you can manage to make the shampoo at home, you can also save on buying commercial, harmful, chemical shampoos. It will act much like a mild shampoo.
How To Make Amla Reetha Shikakai Shampoo?
2-3 Dry Amla pods
5-6 Dry Reetha pods
6-7 Dry Shikakai pieces (deseeded)
- Soak the amla, reetha, and shikakai pods in water overnight
- The following day, heat the mixture and bring it to a boil
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat off and allow it to cool
- When cold, blend the mixture in a blender
- Strain to discard any residue
- Store the strained liquid concoction in a container and use as regular shampoo
How To Use Amla Reetha Shikakai Shampoo?
Use your Amla Reetha Shikakai shampoo just as you would use any other shampoo.
Start with wetting your hair. Apply a generous quantity of the amla reetha shikakai shampoo, depending on your hair length. Massage the shampoo into your scalp and along the length of your hair. Once done, rinse with water thoroughly.
What To Expect?
- With a homemade amla reetha shikakai shampoo, like the one we mentioned above, you can expect not to have a lot of lather. This is because the shampoo is homemade and all-natural. However, this will do the job better than most commercial chemical-based shampoos. You can also opt for Sulfate-free shampoos.
- Immediate results like smoother hair, a shinier finish, a cleaner feel, etc., can be observed from the first wash onwards.
- For more curative benefits like getting rid of dandruff, hair growth, reduced hair fall, use the shampoo regularly for at least 2-3 months.
Side Effects Of Amla Reetha Shikakai
Since amla, reetha, and shikakai are all-natural ingredients, they suit most hair types. The side effects, if any, are rare. To speed up your hair growth process, you can also try some of the best Ayurvedic herbs for hair growth.
If you are among the rare people to experience intense itching or hair loss after using the shampoo, you should stop using it. You can also do a patch test before starting to ensure you aren’t allergic to any of these natural ingredients. It is easy to understand what a patch test is and how it is done.
How To Make Amla Reetha Shikakai Oil
Deseeded Dry Amla
- Crush the dry herbs to a powder
- Add the crushed mixture to the coconut oil
- Mix well until no lumps remain
- Use as regular oil
Also read: Shikakai powder benefits and how to use it
Does Amla Reetha Shikakai Regrow Hair?
Studies have demonstrated how herbal extracts can stimulate hair growth and promote healthier hair.
Using amla reetha shikakai regularly protects hair from damage and also repairs damaged hair. This makes your hair grow healthier. The constituent antioxidants vitamin C and collagen stimulate hair growth.
Can Shikakai Cause Hair Fall?
No. Shikakai is a wonderful herb to boost hair growth. However, the very frequent use of shikakai can cause your scalp to dry out.
Hair fall due to shikakai can occur in the rare case that you are allergic to it. Please perform a patch test to ensure you don’t have an allergy before using shikakai on your scalp.
Does Shikakai Make Hair Rough?
No. Studies have shown the many benefits of Shikakai for hair. It cleanses your hair and scalp thoroughly without washing away the natural oils. Therefore, leaving your hair feeling softer and shinier, not rough.
However, if you notice roughness, you can use a conditioner after shampooing or even apply a small amount of oil.
How to Use the Two for Best Results?
For a complete herbal hair care routine, apply the amla reetha shikakai oil overnight and wash your hair with the amla reetha shikakai shampoo the next day. Use it regularly for two to three months for best results.
Laxmikant Sharma, Gaurav Agarwal, 2003. Medicinal Plants For Skin and Hair Care. (Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge) http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/25921/1/IJTK%202%281%29%2062-68.pdf
Jae Young Yu, Biki Gupta, 2017. Preclinical and Clinical Studies Demonstrate That the Proprietary Herbal Extract DA-5512 Effectively Stimulates Hair Growth and Promotes Hair Health. (US National Library of Medicine) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5429933/