We remember guzzling this cooling on scorching summer afternoons with utmost pleasure. Sugarcane juice is one of the few Indian drinks that you never have to look hard and long for. It is found at every nook and corner of big cities and small towns, alike. Let’s learn about the lesser-known benefits of sugarcane juice for males that nobody will tell you.
Sugarcane Juice Calories
100g of sugarcane juice contains approximately 270 calories.
Sugarcane Juice Benefits for a Healthy Life
1. Sugarcane Juice Keeps the Digestive System Happy:
A sedentary lifestyle and lack of sufficient fiber in the diet causes weak digestion and makes men prone to irritable bowel syndrome, dehydration, abdominal infections, and acid reflux. This is where sugarcane juice benefits for males come to your rescue and delivers much-needed nutrition to your body. Sugarcane juice is rich in antioxidants, fiber, natural sugar, potassium, that aids in a healthy digestive system. Its alkaline nature keeps acid reflux in check. It is also a natural laxative that prevents constipation.
2. Sugarcane Juice Allows the Kidney to Perform Their Normal Function:
Sugarcane juice, commonly called ganne ka ras in India, is diuretic in nature which makes it effective for the healthy functioning of kidneys. Sugarcane juice benefits for males works by flushing out small kidney stones and eliminating the risk of new kidney stones. Sugarcane juice gives the body the antioxidants it needs, which keeps infections at bay.
3. Sugarcane Juice Helps to Fight Acne and Works As an Anti-ageing Source:
The onset of puberty is often accompanied by acne, which all men detest. Acne makes the skin dull and leads to an increased bacterial infection on the skin.
The sugarcane juice benefits for males are manifold, and when applied topically, it unclogs pores and removes dead skin, which helps with pigmentation, thus making the skin healthy and radiant. It also prevents the damage of free radicals and increases skin-cell turnover, making the juice an excellent anti-aging drink.
Sugarcane juice nutrition facts are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which prevent the spread of bacterial infection on the skin.
4. Sugarcane Juice Gives Instant Energy:
Sugarcane or karumbu juice, a good source of sucrose, can kick-start your days with all the energy and vigor that you might lack due to stressful schedules. Sugarcane is rich in carbohydrates, iron, protein, calcium, and sodium, making it an ideal drink and a substitute for energy drinks or cold drinks.
When to Drink?
You can take a glass of sugarcane juice in between meals, and it will keep you full, hydrated, and make up for the lost energy.
5. Sugarcane Juice Wards Off Tooth Decay and Bad Breath:
When the body lacks sufficient calcium, it starts taking calcium from bones and teeth to make up for its loss. This puts the person at a higher risk of weaker bones and early tooth decay.
Sugarcane juice is a good source of minerals like calcium and phosphorus, strengthening tooth enamel. It is also packed with rich nutrients that fight gum diseases and eliminates bad breath.
6. Sugarcane Juice Works Wonders for Weight Loss:
It is interesting that despite Sugarcane juice calories being 183 in one serving, the sugar in it is entirely natural and helps in weight reduction. It is fat-free and contains a good amount of fiber, making it a healthy drink for those planning to reduce weight. Sugarcane juice has no cholesterol and even fights bad cholesterol, which causes obesity.
The amount of multivitamins, minerals, calcium, iron, magnesium, and antioxidants is more than sugarcane calories in this byproduct of sugarcanes, boosting metabolism and maintaining energy level. This makes it a perfect addition to your diet for weight loss.
4 Tips to Buy a Sugarcane Juice Machine
1. Understand Your Usage:
You have to consider the factor of whether you want a sugarcane machine for your home or a shop. Depending on this, you can opt for a compact sugarcane machine or a bigger model for large extraction of juice.
2. Choose From the Mechanical and Automatic Model:
Are you up for the physical work or looking for an automatic solution to extracting sugarcane juice in single crushing? Consider this factor wisely before investing.
3. Cost of the Sugarcane Juice Machine:
While sugarcane machine price should not be a hindrance considering the health benefits associated with it, it must be a criterion to consider. You can have higher machine capacity and better efficiency at a higher cost. But you also have the same efficiency at a lower price with a low capacity if you are buying one for domestic use. The commercial sugar cane machine can go up to Rs. Fifty thousand or more, but you can buy a sugarcane juicer for home starting with Rs.1,000 as well.
4. The Material of the Sugarcane Machine:
The body of a machine is vital to determine its durability. A sugarcane machine must have good quality outside as well as inside. Ensure the rollers are made from rust-resistant stainless steel that is quality approved and does not cause any health hazards.
- Chinnaraja Chinnadurai, August 2017; Potential Health Benefits of Sugarcane- (PDF) Potential Health Benefits of Sugarcane (researchgate.net)
- Sagar Patel, April 2015; Innovation on sugarcane juice- (25) (PDF) innovation on sugarcane juice | sagar patel - Academia.edu
- Ulhas S Kadam, Sukhendu B Ghosh, Strayo Agarwal, and Suprasanna Penna, February 2008; Antioxidant activity in sugarcane juice and its protective role against radiation induced DNA damage- Antioxidant activity in sugarcane juice and its protective role against radiation induced DNA damage | Request PDF (researchgate.net)
- Renata Colombo, Fernando M Lanças, and Janete H Yariwake, January 2006; Determination of flavonoids in cultivated sugarcane leaves, bagasse, juice and in transgenic sugarcane by liquid chromatography-UV detection- Determination of flavonoids in cultivated sugarcane leaves, bagasse, juice and in transgenic sugarcane by liquid chromatography-UV detection - PubMed (nih.gov)