Tight foreskin is a rare medical condition in which men can't pull foreskin back from the head of the penis. In medical terms, it is referred to as phimosis. Ayurvedic treatment for tight foreskin like exercises and oil massages has proved useful.
Discussed below are two tight foreskin home solutions that you can consider:
Oil Massage for Tight Foreskin Penis
You should use suitable lubricants or oils while performing any of the below foreskin stretching exercises. They help ease down the pain, scarring, and overstretching that could occur during the whole process. Some recommended oil lubricants for tight foreskin treatment options are:
Coconut Oil for Tight Penis Foreskin
Research suggests that coconut oil is one of the best lubricants because of the following reasons:
- The high melting point of coconut oil (76 degrees F) reduces friction while massaging the foreskin of the penis.
- Coconut oil's insoluble properties make it slippery and an efficient lubricant for massages.
Castor Oil for Tight Penis Foreskin
Studies have found that massaging the penis with castor oil reduces the scarring and overstretching of the foreskin. Some other benefits are:
- Thick consistency deeply nourishes the foreskin of the penis.
- Reduces pain while doing below stretching exercises due to high viscosity.
- Cleaning foreskin with warm water after massaging with castor oil removes dirt and dead cells.
Herbal Oil For Tight Penis Foreskin
You can also use any of the herbal oils available in the market for ayurvedic treatment of tight foreskin. Consult the doctor to pick the best one.
Make sure to massage your intimate region gently as harsh movement may cause a foreskin tear.
Stretching Exercises for Tight Foreskin Penis
What if foreskin doesn't pull back? Sometimes the foreskin of your penis gets too tight, and men cannot move it above the head of the penis. This may cause severe pain and affect sex life. Phimosis stretching, i.e., stretching the tight forehead skin, constitutes a range of exercises that could help in this condition.
Following are some foreskin tightness treatment exercises that you can try at home:
Increasing the Foreskin Ring Hole
Men having a small foreskin ring won't be able to insert their fingers inside the foreskin.
How to do it?
- Stretch it by pulling the foreskin over the head of the penis backward.
- Keep it in this position for 30 to 40 seconds and then release.
- Repeat approximately 10 times.
Points to Remember:
- Do not use too much force to avoid injuries.
- Try pulling foreskin skin over the head when the penis is erect to increase effectiveness.
- Use water or any water-based lubricant to perform this exercise with ease. You can also stretch the foreskin ring while taking a shower or in a bathtub.
Stretching the Edges of Tight Foreskin of Penis
Sometimes the foreskin ring is of standard size, but the foreskin is not loose enough to do the finger test mentioned above. To help the case, do this exercise.
How to do it?
- Stretch it by pulling the edges of the foreskin outwards using your thumb and index fingers.
- Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds and then repeat the procedure.
How often should you perform this exercise?
You should do this stretching exercise up to 3 times a day for a few minutes for better results.
Exercise To Increase Elasticity of Foreskin
This exercise is for men who can place their fingers inside the foreskin and still feel that it's too tight. This will improve the elasticity of the foreskin.
How to do it?
- Put fingers on opposite sides of the foreskin and pull outwards.
- Release and then repeat for a couple of minutes.
- Clean your hands thoroughly before performing this exercise.
Men having tight foreskin of short length (not covering the entire length of the penis) can do this exercise every time they urinate. Use your thumb and index finger to hold the part of the foreskin that is attached to the frenulum. What is the frenulum? The connection between the foreskin and underside of the penis. Pull it downwards, hold for 30 seconds and then release.
Using Flesh Tunnel for Stretching the Tight Foreskin of Penis
Men who can insert at least one finger inside the foreskin while doing the finger test mentioned in the first exercise can use a flesh tunnel for stretching. It is a ring-like silicon device wrapped around the foreskin and keeps it stretched for hours.
Can a Tight Foreskin Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Any abnormality in penis shape or structure can lead to erectile dysfunction as it affects the normal blood flow. Hence, tight foreskin is also one of the causes of this syndrome.
What if My Foreskin is Not Opening?
This is one of the signs of phimosis or tight foreskin. You can perform stretching exercises described above and massage gently with oil to get a normal foreskin. Do not put too much pressure on the skin for the first time. It can cause pain and discomfort. Visit a doctor if the problem persists for a long time.
How to Treat Tight Foreskin After Yeast Infection?
Applying antibiotic and antifungal creams on penis having yeast infection helps treat tight foreskin. The steroid content in these creams helps soften the foreskin, making it easier to pull back.
- Salvador Arias-Santiago, María Sierra Girón-Prieto, Husein Husein-El-Ahmed, María Antonia Fernández-Pugnaire, and Ramón Naranjo-Sintes, December 2010; Answer: can you identify this condition- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001927/
- Dr Tim Cunliffe, November 2012; Lichen planus- pcds.org.uk/clinical-guidance/lichen-planus
- Vladimir O Osipov, October 2020; Balanposthitis: Treatment and management- medscape.com/article/1124734-treatment#d8
- British Association of Urological Surgeon; Tight foreskin (phimosis)-
- Tatiana Cunha Marques, Francisco J.B. Sampaio, and Luciano A Favorito; July 2005; Treatment of phimosis with topical steroids and foreskin anatomy- (PDF) Treatment of phimosis with topical steroids and foreskin anatomy (researchgate.net)