The testis is responsible for the production and protection of sperm. The testis is vital for producing testosterone and other male hormones. They also influence your sex drive.
So, many men like you may have a question “How to make Testis Strong?”
Here are some simple yet effective ways to improve testicle health that will help you get started. The best part? They are all backed by science.
A. Foods For Testicular Health
Your diet influences the health of your testis. These foods have a beneficial effect due to their nutrient content.
Here are some foods for healthy testicles:
How do Avocados benefit Testis?
- This toast-topper is loaded with Zinc and Vitamin E.
- These nutrients are beneficial for your fertility and sex drive.
- Zinc improves testosterone levels, and vitamin E boosts sperm quality.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant and protects your sperm against DNA damage.
- Eating one-half of an avocado (68 g) provides a good amount of fiber, healthy fats, and other nutrients.
How do Carrots benefit Testis?
- Eating carrots can improve your sperm count.
- Carotenoids in carrots have a beneficial effect on your sperm count and motility.
- They also boost male fertility.
- You can have one medium-sized raw carrot (61g) daily to get its optimal benefits.
How do Tomatoes benefit Scrotum?
- A fruit that is seen to prevent prostate cancer.
- Lycopene in tomatoes can improve sperm count, quality, morphology, and movement by about 40%.
- The recommended intake is one medium-sized tomato a day.
How does Dark Chocolate benefits Testis?
- Good news for all chocolate lovers. It is rich in flavanols with antioxidant properties that protect your sperm from oxidative stress.
- Dark chocolate also boosts nitric oxide production that can improve your erections.
- Eating one ounce of dark chocolate a few times a week boosts your circulation.
How do Spinach benefits Testis?
- This green is rich in folate, a nutrient that boosts your blood flow.
- Folate is essential for sexual health, and its deficiency is associated with erectile dysfunction.
- Besides, spinach is also rich in magnesium, which improves your testosterone levels.
- A cup of cooked spinach offers 66% of your daily folic acid requirement.
B. Quit Smoking
- Cigarettes have substances that can induce cancer, including arsenic. So, overall, it’s not good for your health.
- Besides, smoking can modify your sex hormones, impairing your fertility.
- This risk is higher in those who smoke between 12 to 24 pack-years. (1 pack-year is equal to smoking 20 cigarettes (1 pack) per day for 1 year)
- To quit smoking would be the answer to how to make balls strong.
C. Prevent Testicular Injuries
You may know how painful it is to injure your crotch. But testicular damage may last longer than the pain. It may cause infection or inflammation of your testis and may also cause your balls to shrink.
To avoid injury to your testis, you can do the following:
- Wear a jockstrap while playing sports
- Use a seat belt while driving
- Be cautious while riding a bicycle
The following can also help in reducing testicular injuries:
1. Regular Exercise Can Prevent Testicular Injuries
- Exercise boosts your physical, mental, and sexual health.
- It helps maintain a healthy weight and relieves stress, which may otherwise impede your testicular health. Stress interferes with the hormone that aids in sperm production. It can also make sex less enjoyable.
- Disturbed sleep is linked to low sperm levels. Exercise improves sleep quality, boosting sperm count.
- Regular exercises also boost testosterone levels that play a significant role in maintaining your testicular health.
How often should you exercise?
Engage in moderate-intensity exercises, such as walking, jogging, or swimming. You can do it for 30 minutes a day or 150 minutes a week.
2. Keep Your Testicles Cool to Prevent Testicular Injuries
Sperm production occurs at a specific temperature, ideally between 34ºC - 35ºC. Your scrotum moves away or towards your body to maintain the ideal temperature. But there is only a limited chance your scrotum can manage to escape the heat. Certain activities can compromise scrotal temperature. These activities include:
- Wearing tight clothes
- Sitting for long
- Keeping your laptop on your groin while working
- Keeping the cell phone in your pocket
Higher temperatures cause oxidative stress that damages your sperms. So, wear loose and comfortable clothes and avoid activities that increase scrotal temperature.
3. Maintaining Hygiene Can Prevent Testicular Injuries
Unhygienic conditions and too much moisture in your groin area can promote the growth of bacteria. It can cause a foul smell, skin breakdown, and skin infections such as:
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Bacterial infections such as staph
Besides, cleaning them regularly can help you identify the presence of lumps, warts, and other symptoms of testicular cancer and STIs.
Wondering how to keep testicles healthy?
Clean them regularly with soap and water. Pat them dry thoroughly using a clean towel.
4. Ejaculate Regularly to Prevent Testicular Injuries
- Medical experts believe regular ejaculation improves sperm quality, preventing damage to sperm DNA.
- Experts believe the longer the exposure to sperm in the testis is, the higher the risk of sperm damage due to oxidative stress.
- Studies have also shown that men who ejaculated about 21 times or more a month had a 30% lower risk of prostate cancer.
- Don’t give into myths surrounding sperm retention making you stronger and masturbating regularly making you weaker.