Ashwagandharishtha is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine. It is commonly used to treat fatigue, anemia, and mental and sexual health issues. Ashwagandharishta benefits patients suffering from prolonged illness to recover and rebuild strength.
The active ingredient of this medicine is Ashwagandha. Along with it, other Ashwagandharishta ingredients that make this medicine a good option are- Sweta Musli, Hareetaki, Haridra, Yashtimadhu, Vidari Kand, Mustaka, Trivrit, Ananta Mool, Krishna Sariva, Rakta Chandan, Chandan, Tvak, Tejpatra, Ela, Priyangu, Nagakeshar, Manjishtha, Daruharidra,Rasna, Arjun Tvak.
Ashwagandharishta also contains about 5 - 10 percent of monounsaturated alcohol. It helps the body absorb water and alcohol-soluble herbal ingredients. This Ayurvedic medicine is available in the form of syrup and churna or powder.
How to consume Ashwagandharishta?
Ashwagandharishta should only be taken as directed by an Ayurvedic practitioner or physician. The recommended dosage for this medicine is 1-2 tablespoons of the liquid with an equal quantity of water to be consumed after meals.
Ashwagandharishta in its churna or powdered form can be consumed in 1/4th of a tablespoon, in a glass of warm milk, before bedtime.
Ashwagandharishta Uses and Benefits
Ashwagandharishta Increases Your Height:
The main component of Ashwagandharishta, Ashwagandha, significantly impacts growth hormones and helps increase height. The gamma-aminobutyric acid generated from this medicine acts as the brain's calming neurotransmitter.
Ashwagandharishta Lowers Blood Sugar Levels:
Studies have shown Ashwagandha in Ashwagandharishta lowers blood sugar levels by reducing inflammatory markers. It increases insulin secretion and dramatically improves insulin sensitivity in muscle cells. This medicine works to lower blood sugar levels in healthy people and those with diabetes.
Ashwagandharishta Reduces Cortisol:
When wondering, "What are Ashwagandharishta ke fayde?" It should be noted that the active ingredient of this medicine reduces cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone released from the adrenal gland due to excess stress. If the cortisol level rises, it increases blood pressure, which can cause complications.
Ashwagandharishta Has Anti-Cancer Properties:
A study has shown that Ashwagandha helps induce apoptosis (the mechanism through which the body gets rid of dead cells) that helps kill the cancer cells. It further prevents the growth of new cancer cells in the body. Additionally, another ingredient of Ashwagandharishta, Safed Musli, has anti-cancer properties.
The herbal ingredients of this medicine control the formation of cancer-causing reactive oxygen species (ROS) inside the cells. Moreover, the potent antioxidant neutralizes the free radicals. Thus, boosting the body's power to fight cancer in different parts of the body.
Ashwagandharishta Improves Sexual Wellbeing:
Boosting sexual health is among other uses and benefits of Ashwagandharishta. Ashwagandha found in the medicine is known to increase the male sex hormone called testosterone. It has aphrodisiac properties responsible for increasing libido, physical strength, cardiorespiratory endurance.
Furthermore, Ashwagandha is effective in treating erectile dysfunction. So, one can use this herbal preparation to treat erectile dysfunction. The Ashwagandharishta ingredient is also known to improve semen concentration. A research study found that the medicine's ingredient can improve semen quantity by 167% with just 90 days of consumption.
Ashwagandharishta Treats Adrenal Fatigue:
Our adrenal gland secretes adrenaline hormone. When we are under stress, the adrenal gland secretes too much adrenaline, which can cause fatigue. When this situation goes on for a long time, it can impact fertility. Treating adrenal fatigue is one of the Ashwagandharishta syrup uses.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb. Studies show that adaptogens can positively impact fatigue and weakness in the body at a molecular level. Hence, consumption of this syrup will control adrenal secretion and reduce fatigue.
Ashwagandharishta Provides Relief in Arthritis:
Ashwagandha, along with Hareetaki and Manjishtha, found in this herbal medicine, have anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming Ashwagandharishta kottakkal benefits many by alleviating the inflammation caused by arthritis. Arthritis is a medical condition that causes swelling and tenderness in the body joints. It can cause severe pain and stiffness in the body.
Ashwagandharishta Benefits People Suffering from Anaemia:
Treating anemia is one of the Baidyanath Ashwagandharishta special benefits. Ashwagandha present in the Ashwagandharishta promotes blood production by increasing hemoglobin levels in the body. Thus, taking this Ayurvedic medicine can help treat and prevent anemia.
Dosage of Ashwagandharishta:
Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of Ashwagandharishta with water as directed by the physician.
Dosage for different people may vary depending on the age and requirements. So, consult an expert to reap effective Aswagandharishtam benefits.
Ashwagandharishta Side Effects You Should Know
Some common side effects that people may experience after consuming Ashwagandharishta excessively are:
- Upset Stomach and Diarrhoea
- Nausea and vomiting
- Acidity and Heartburn
If you feel any of these symptoms on consuming this medicine, seek expert consultation immediately. People with comorbid medical conditions should consult a doctor before taking this Ayurvedic medicine as it might interfere with other medications.
- Richa Kushwaha and Sushant Karanjekar, July 2011; Standardization of Ashwagandharishta formulation by TLC Method- https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/Richa-Kushwaha-2055085085
- Annadurai Vinothkanna, Ganesan Sathiyanarayanan, Perumalsamy Balaji, Krishnamurthy Mathivanan, Arivalagan Pugazhendhi, Yongkun Ma, Soundarapandian Sekar, and Ramasamy Thirumurugan, March 2021; Structural characterization, functional and biological activities of an exopolysaccharide produced by probiotic Bacillus licheniformis AG-06 from Indian polyherbal fermented traditional medicine- Structural characterization, functional and biological activities of an exopolysaccharide produced by probiotic Bacillus licheniformis AG-06 from Indian polyherbal fermented traditional medicine - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Tanna IR, Aghera HB, Ashok BK, Chandola HM, January 2012; Protective role of Ashwagandharishta and flax seed oil against maximal electroshock induced seizures in albino rats- Protective role of Ashwagandharishta and flax seed oil against maximal electroshock induced seizures in albino rats. - Abstract - Europe PMC
- Dinesh Pandithavidana and Rangika Munaweera, June 2019; Molecular docking studies to identify secondary metabolites present in Ashwagandharishta and their effectiveness towards memory related disorders- (PDF) MOLECULAR DOCKING STUDIES TO IDENTIFY SECONDARY METABOLITES PRESENT IN ASHWAGANDHARISHTA AND THEIR EFFECTIVENESS TOWARDS MEMORY RELATED DISORDERS (researchgate.net)