Want to know what to eat to increase sperm count? What is the best food for sperm recovery? Here is a list of the best natural foods, remedies, medications and supplements to help you increase sperm quality.
Wondering how to have foods to increase sperm count naturally and without garnering too much attention or effort?
As the title suggests, all you need to do is include the best foods to increase sperm count in your diet to increase your sperm count. Sperm boosting foods play a big role in low sperm volume treatment.
Of course, it goes without saying that you will need to sleep better, exercise, and make healthier choices. Yet we can’t contain our excitement to tell you about the best food for sperm recovery, count and volume.
So let’s jump right to it!
Let’s start with some ground rules.
Research shows that there are certain daily patterns and habits that can reduce your sperm count. Based on the study, here is a list of ‘DOs and DON’TS’ which you need to swear by while getting on this path, to help foods increase your sperm count naturally and effectively.
How to increase sperm count naturally?
Did you know? Numerous men ask us this question- "How to increase semen quantity naturally?" We say, it is not just about the food you consume, but also various lifestyle choices and habits that can make this happen for you. Here are a few examples:
- Try to exercise regularly: Proven research points to the fact that active men have higher testosterone levels and semen quality as compared to inactive men. Don't overdo it, though. Working out as per your personal capacity is good enough.
- Eat Vitamin C rich foods: There is evidence to indicate that Vitamin C supplements may help improve fertility rates among men, and enhance sperm count and motility. Tablets or capsules aren't the only way to stock up on this Vitamin. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, strawberries, potatoes, and lemon are great sources of Vitamin C.
- Reduce stress levels: Ever remember a time when you're stressed and don't feel up for sex? Decreasing your libido or sex drive is not all that stress does. Apparently, it sexual satisfaction and impairs male fertility too. So just try to relax. Try some yoga asanas and mudras to help increase sperm count naturally, and minimize stress what you're at it!
- Zinc: Getting enough zinc is one of the main pointers related to male fertility. A zinc deficiency means low fertility levels, low testosterone, and low sperm motility. So what are the foods rich in zinc? Meat, eggs, fish, baked beans, and chick peas. These are some of the best foods for sperm recovery.
If someone now asked you how to increase sperm motility naturally, we're sure you will be equipped with the answer!
What to eat to increase your sperm count
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants as these are the foods for healthy sperm
- Eat lots of healthy fats aka polyunsaturated fats as these are foods that increase fertility
- Load up on fruits and vegetables as these are foods for sperm production
Also Read: A complete guide to increase your sperm count
Male fertility foods to avoid for sperm count & motility
- Don’t eat high quantities of processed red meat: It is not yet clear how red meats affect sperm count but research has linked men who consumed high amounts of read meat with a decreased sperm motility rate and sperm count.
- Don’t eat lots of unhealthy fats aka saturated fats: Research has found that men who consumed saturated fats excessively have 41% fewer sperm than men who do not.
- Don’t eat too much sugar and junk food: Men that consumed junk food regularly have high amounts of toxins called phthalates due to the same which decrease sperm count considerably. Stay away from those cheeseburgers and packaged food if you want to have a health sperm count!
These are definitely some male fertility foods to avoid to ensure you only eat the best foods for sperm recovery.
How to Increase Sperm Count by Food
- Eggs to increase the sperm count
- Bananas to increase the sperm count
- Spinach to increase the sperm count
- Walnuts to increase the sperm count
- Ashwagandha to increase the sperm count
- Pomegranates to increase the sperm count
- Figs to increase the sperm count
- Fenugreek (Methi) to increase the sperm count
- Pumpkin Seeds to increase the sperm count
- Dark Chocolates to increase the sperm count
- Garlic to increase the sperm count
1. Eggs to increase the sperm count
What are Egg Benefits for Sperm Count?
Eggs are loaded with Vitamin E, zinc, and protein. Sperm foods high in zinc are especially known to help to increase your sperm count and help with sperm motility.
Eggs will protect your sperm from free radicals – substances that damage your sperm. Eggs can therefore double the chances of fertilization.
How to Eat Egg to Increase Sperm Count?
You can eat eggs for breakfast. Try boiling your eggs as this helps make nutrients, like amino acids, easier to absorb. Trust us, it's one of the best foods to increase sperm count.
2. Bananas to increase the sperm count
What are Banana Benefits for Sperm Count?
This phallic-shaped fruit is often mistaken as one of the foods to increase size. Although, you must know that no food can help you do this. Instead, focus on the fact that bananas are rich in Vitamins B1, C, magnesium, and an enzyme called Bromelain which increases sperm production, development, and motility. Bananas can also regulate your sex hormones like testosterone and cheer your mood, making it one of the best foods for sperm recovery.
How to Eat Bananas to Increase Sperm Count?
You can have a banana as a snack through the day, or a banana milkshake or a topping with a bowl of cereal or granola. This is an effective food to increase sperm count naturally.
3. Spinach to increase the sperm count
What are Spinach Benefits for Sperm Count?
Spinach, known as palak, is rich in folic acid and a popular food for sperm. Green leafy vegetables are good for your health and your sperm’s health. It boosts sperm production and increases your sperm count.
How to Eat Spinach to Increase Sperm Count?
You can incorporate spinach in your diet by starting your morning with a healthy green smoothie, palak paneer, palak paratha. Here are some healthy spinach recipes that will increase your sperm count. It is one of the best sperm boosting foods and food for healthy sperm.
4. Walnuts to increase the sperm count
What are Walnut Benefits for Sperm?
Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids which are healthy fats. Studies show that walnuts reduce lipid peroxidation which damages your sperm. Packed with omega-3s, walnuts replenish your sperm and increase your sperm.
How to Eat Walnuts to Increase Sperm Count?
You can go ‘nuts’ (pun intended) and use it as a topping in your diet on your yogurt, with your breakfast cereal. You can replace bread croutons in your soups with walnuts to get that extra crunch and increase your sperm count.
5. Ashwagandha to increase the sperm count
What are the Benefits of Ashwagandha for Sperm Count?
We often get asked about specifically Indian food to increase sperm count naturally. Ashwagandha is a herbal root that has been used since Vatsyan wrote the Kama Sutra. Not only does Ashwagandha heighten your sexual experience, but it can also increases your sperm count. It boost testosterone levels and improves fertility. A study shows increased sperm count in 75 men experiencing infertility on eating about 5 grams of Ashwagandha daily. It is one of the best fertility foods for men, an ayurvedic food for sperm production.
How to Use Ashwagandha for Sperm count?
Ashwagandha is found as tablets, tinctures, and traditional churans or Ashwagandha powder. You can have 5 grams with a glass of milk, or water before you go to bed, daily. If you are a tea drinker, you can have Ashwagandha infused tea. This is how to use Ashwagandha for increasing sperm count effectively.
Also Read: Ashwagandha benefits for sex, erectile dysfunction & more
6. Pomegranates to increase the sperm count
What are the Benefits of Pomegranate for Sperm Count?
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants. Studies show that antioxidants stimulate sperm production. Pomegranates are known to slow aging, boost your immune system, and help protect against free radicals which damage and kill your sperm.
How to Use Pomegranate for Sperm Count?
Pomegranate can be had as is, as fresh juice (without sugar), tossing them in with your salads, or to garnish your avocado on toast. Pomegranates juice benefits sperm count and can be taken daily.
7. Figs to increase the sperm count
What are Fig Benefits for Sperm?
Figs are a rich source of calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc, vitamin B6, and fiber. Figs is an effective food for healthy sperm and food to increase your sperm count naturally and even improve fertility. So, be sure to throw in a dash of figs with any part of your meal. Figs can be eaten with salads, desserts, and meat.
Also Read: Fig Benefits for Sperm | Figs (Anjeer) for Sex
8. Fenugreek (Methi) to increase the sperm count
What are Fenugreek Benefits for Sperm?
Fenugreek or methi is proven to help with oligospermia or a low sperm count as it is a natural antioxidant that has antioxidants that boost the production of male hormones like testosterone and luteinizing hormones that contribute to sperm production.
It has spermatogenic properties that treat a low sperm count. Fenugreek is available in the form of essential oil, seeds, supplements, and tea.
How to Eat Fenugreek Supplement for Sperm Count?
There are studies that suggest fenugreek supplements help increase sperm count, they also help boost testosterone. So, ensure to include fenugreek supplements in your diet as this is one of the best fertility foods for men. You can mix 1 tsp of Methi seeds with 1 tbsp Ghee, sauté it and have this with a glass of warm milk before bed.
9. Pumpkin Seeds to increase the sperm count
What are Pumpkin Seeds Benefits for Sperm?
Pumpkin seeds contain a hefty dose of zinc, omega-3 fatty acids which improve sperm quality and sperm count, also making it a sperm motility food. Pumpkin seeds are considered the powerhouse for treating male infertility because they are packed with zinc which makes all the difference.
How to Use Pumpkin Seeds for Sperm Count?
You can soak your seeds overnight and have them in the morning along with your breakfast. You can roast pumpkin seeds and use it as a topping to for salads for a crunch, or just as something to munch on instead of eating junk.
10. Dark Chocolates to increase the sperm count
What are the Benefits of Dark Chocolate for Sperm Count?
Be sure to pop in some dark chocolate for dessert to reward yourself and because it has essential amino acid L- a food to increase sperm motility fast. This ingredient makes dark chocolate for libido and sperm count, your best bet.
Also read: What is Libido? How to increase libido naturally?
Which Dark Chocolate is Best for Sperm Count?
It suggested that higher the cocoa content in the dark chocolate the better. 100% dark chocolate is best for sperm count. If it's too bitter for you, you can even go for dark chocolates with 85% cocoa content. The amino acid L-arginine in dark chocolates help improve sperm count and even increase the volume of ejaculation. This makes it a food for healthy sperm.
11. Garlic to increase the sperm count
What are the Benefits of Garlic for Sperm?
Garlic holds a number of powerful antioxidants that acts as a food to increase male fertility. Allicin a chemical compound within Garlic improves the motility of your sperm. Sperm motility describes the ability of the sperm to move through watery walls - a key feature if someone wished to fall pregnant.
How to Use Garlic for Sperm Count?
Include garlic in curries, soup or any other dish, just remember to consume it regularly as it will increase your sperm count.
Though food is only a part of how to increase your sperm, here is a complete guide on how to increase your sperm count. Add these fertility foods for men to your diet to increase sperm count and you can effectively treat all problems around low sperm volume.f
Is there a juice to increase sperm count?
- Tomato juice: Research says that tomato juice is extremely beneficial to improve motility of sperm among infertile males, but only if consumed regularly.
- Watermelon and cucumber juice: Watermelon is said to have effects similar to that of a natural Viagra. It contains high amounts of an amino acid called citrulline responsible for promoting blood vessel relaxation. This facilitates a healthy blood flow to your penis. The antioxidants in cucumber, on the other hand, make it one of the best foods for sperm recovery.
What are some vitamins to increase sperm volume?
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is said to improve testosterone count among males. High Vitamin D levels were linked to enhanced sperm motility as all. The recommended intake of Vitamin D is about 10 –20 micrograms daily.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps improve fertility rates among men, and enhance sperm count and motility. Vitamin C supplements are easily available in the Indian market. The daily recommended intake is about 90mg for adul males.
How to Do a Sperm Count Test at Home?
To increase the man's sperm count, you will first undergo a sperm test.
- Keep cool distilled water ready in a container.
- Collect a sample of semen by masturbating. Avoid intercourse at least 3-4 days before this.
- Pour the semen into the container.
- Observe the semen put in the water. Following are the outcomes you can draw:
- Immotile or dead semen cannot take in water. They will swell up.
- With a low sperm count, it will sink to the bottom.
- With a higher sperm count, it will not fall to the bottom.
You can do a sperm count check at home. Testing in the lab will give a sperm analysis such as semen volume, the total number of sperm, sperm concentration, percentage of sperm alive in a sample (vitality), movement of sperm (motility), and shape of sperm (morphology). The sperm analysis test price will include a report and telephone consultation with the embryologist.
You can log onto the web and search for ‘a sperm count test near me.’ Your options will be readily available with the sperm count test cost.
Now, let’s learn how to increase sperm count naturally.
How to Increase Sperm Volume Overnight? Is It Possible?
Although you cannot increase the sperm volume overnight unless you take supplements with a doctor's permission, you can try natural remedies at home. In a fortnight, you will see an answer to how to improve sperm motility and volume.
Follow these simple steps consistently:
- Drink plenty of plain water, at least 3.7 liters.
- Make changes in lifestyle and eating habits. Incorporate more vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Do not deprive yourself of sleep.
- Regularly exercise.
- Include food rich in B12, folate, and vitamin D. You may include food such as spinach, dark chocolate, eggs, mushrooms, fat-rich fish, walnuts, etc.
How to Improve Sperm Quality?
Infertility or poor sperm quality happens due to low libido, erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, high sperm motility, or changes in testosterone levels. Follow a few habits in your daily life and know how to improve sperm count effectively.
- Get enough vitamin C in your diet in the form of citrus food. It will reduce deformed sperm and increase sperm volume and count.
- Increase zinc intake with pumpkin seeds, lamb, chickpeas, cocoa powder, and cashews. It also increases sperm count and testosterone levels.
- Consider taking Ashwagandha; it boosts the testosterone level and aids in male fertility.
- You may try aspartic acids like D-aspartic acid supplement, a type of amino acid that helps with sperm quality and male fertility.
Are you Suffering from Oligospermia?
Oligospermia is a male sexual health issue to do with sperm count. It can affect erection, ejaculation, and the size of the testicles.
Oligospermia treatment can be done through surgery. It depends upon the doctor's advice. You can also treat it with medication. Bringing in lifestyle changes, such as eliminating drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and steroids, will improve sperm count.
Your answer on how to increase sperm count at home is here. You can reach out to your doctor for further investigations, suggestions, and prescriptions.
There are a few things to observe for increased sperm motility—primarily, a lifestyle change, including physical activities and eating homemade food. Stay healthy, eat healthily, and your sperm count should increase.
How Can I Increase My Sperm Count Naturally Fast?
You can improve sperm quality and sperm count fast by including certain foods in your diet, like oysters, broccoli, walnuts, ginseng, bananas, dark chocolate, and garlic.
Which Food Improves Sperm?
For healthy sperm count, include fish, green leafy vegetables, beans, fruits, and walnuts in your diet.
How Can I Increase My Sperm Count in 5 Days?
You can increase sperm count if you regularly take vitamin D-rich food such as salmon, cod liver oil, tuna fish, herring and sardines, milk, mushrooms, and fortified cereals. Regularly exercise and have a diet plan incorporating vitamin B12, zinc, citrus items, and vitamin D. Quit smoking and drinking.
Does Milk Increase Sperm Count?
Yes, milk increases sperm count. For those looking for answers to how to increase sperm count, low-fat or skim milk, almond milk, soy milk, and coconut milk is beneficial for male fertility. It is better to avoid full-fat dairy products.
What Drink Produces More Sperm?
Drinking plain water produces more sperm with low sperm motility. Males should drink at least 3.7 litres of water every day.
Does Pineapple Increase Sperm?
Yes, pineapples help with increasing men's sperm count. They are a source of water and zinc that males require for their sperm count. It is also rich in folate and vitamin C and is an aphrodisiac.
I Have Zero Sperm Count. How to Increase It?
Doctors say that a count of 15 million per ml is low. When you have zero sperm count, how to increase it becomes a relevant question. You need to visit a doctor and simultaneously try changing your lifestyle. Start exercising and get enough sleep. Eat right and include vegetables, fruits, fresh juice, low-fat milk, walnuts, and other supplements.
How to consume garlic to increase sperm count?
Garlic added to tea or mixed with nuts are two effects ways in which you can use garlic to increase your sperm count.
What are some top semen producing foods?
Citrus fruits like lemon, walnuts, whole wheat, garlic, dark chocolate, bananas, and salmon.
What are fruits to increase sperm count?
Bananas, apples, blackberries, pomegranate, raspberries, kiwis, peaches, apricots, and guavas.
What is the relationship between dark chocolate and sperm count?
It has essential amino acid L- a food to increase sperm motility fast. This ingredient makes dark chocolate a go-to for increased sperm count.
What the relationship between walnut and sperm count?
Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids which are healthy fats. Studies show that walnuts reduce the lipid peroxidation that damages sperm. Packed with omega-3s, walnuts replenish and increase your sperm.
What diet can reduce your sperm?
Processed meat, trans fat, soy products & high fat dairy products are a few foods that can reduce your sperm count.
What are the foods that increase testicle size?
Please note that no food can help increase male testicular size. Any health platform that tells you otherwise, is incorrect. So don't be fooled by misinformation.
What to eat to make sperm stronger?
Some popular and potent foods to increase sperm count naturally and make sperm stronger are: Spinach, eggs, bananas, dark chocolate, garlic, walnuts, and eggs.
What are some foods for testicular health?
Apple peels that help prevent prostate cancer, coffee for better sex, enhanced libido levels with avocado, carrots to keep your sperm healthy, and oats for a better orgasm- all amount to foods for better testicular health.
- Edwin McDonal, December 2018; Don't make the mistake of letting a diet kill sperm - https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/health-and-wellness-articles/dont-make-the-mistake-of-letting-a-diet-kill-sperm
- Jaime Mendiola, Alberto M Torres-Cantero, José M Moreno-Grau, Jorge Ten, Manuela Roca, Stella Moreno-Grau, Rafael Bernabeu; Food intake and its relationship with semen quality: a case-control study - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18314116/
- Audrey J. Gaskins, Daniela S. Colaci, Jaime Mendiola, Shanna H. Swan, and Jorge E. Chavarro; Dietary patterns and semen quality in young men - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3442634/
- Linköping University, December 2019; Diet has rapid effects on sperm quality - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191227104938.htm