Wet dreams or Nightfall in men means - sperm emission at night, while men are sleeping. Doctors call this nocturnal emissions which means sperm emissions at night.
When people wonder ‘what wet dreams mean’, they often think of this as a disease or a taboo - one that many shy away from.
It primarily occurs in teenage boys going through the peak of their hormonal changes within the body, but is often experienced by older men as well, and happens as a result of fluctuations in sexual charge.
Through this blog, we want to explain to you why nightfall occurs and how it is a completely normal, natural and biological phenomenon.
That’s not it. We will also cover techniques to control and stop nightfall so that you can sleep without worrying about wet dreams.
What is nightfall?
Commonly known as wet dreams, night discharge, nocturnal emissions, and swapandosh (in Hindi), is a peculiar condition among men in the mid-age or teenage.
In this condition, the person’s brain loses control and the body ejaculates during dreams. Is nightfall natural? Yes, it is. It is universal and normal to have nightfall.
We bring you some of the hesitant notions in this article as to how to get rid of nightfall? Is nightfall normal? Are there any side effects and what are the solutions?
What are nocturnal emissions, and why does it occur so frequently?
Nightfall is a biological development in which some men ejaculate sperm during sleep in the early hours of the morning or late at night. Usually, at the time of puberty, the youngsters undergo a lot of hormonal changes that bring spontaneous erections accompanied by nightfall.
As you grow and become sexually active, the testosterone level starts to deplete, and the frequency decreases. Read the natural ways of increasing your testosterone levels
Although, excessive nightfall (several times per week) is highly alarming and is caused by unhealthy eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, abstinence from sexual activity for a long time, frequent masturbation, watching too much porn, excessive drinking, smoking, failure to control emotions, anxiety, and stress.
Some of the common nightfall causes in men are quite harmless. However, if the condition persists, it might be of concern. These reasons are:
- Sexual inactivity
- Excessive exposure to sexual content such as pornography or discussing and thinking about sex all the time
- Involuntary rubbing of the penis against the bed sheet while sleeping may cause an erection
- Inadequate ejaculation of sperms during sexual activity and weak nerves
- Going to bed with a full urinary bladder
- Extreme stress and anxiety
- Obesity or physical inactivity
- Inflammation of the prostate gland
- Intake of sex hormones supplements
- A heavy dosage of medicines like anti-depressants
Nightfall side effects
Nightfall side effects can make you feel embarrassed and can affect the mental and sexual health of the male. Some of the often-spotted nightfall side effects that are worth noting:
- Nightfall can cause pain in knees
- Nightfall can lead to poor concentration
- Nightfall causes Wooziness
- Nightfall leads to constant weakness
- Nightfall causes Insomnia
- Nightfall can cause loss of memory. Try nootropic for better brain activity.
- Nightfall affects mood swings
- Nightfall causes loss of hair
- Lack of self-confidence
- Nightfall leads to dark circles
- Nightfall causes erectile dysfunction
- Nightfall is one reason for premature ejaculation
- Nightfall causes pain in testicles
- Nightfall can lead to cramps in the pelvic region
- Nightfall leads to stress
- Nightfall leads to poor vision
- Nightfall causes backache
If you think nightfall is hindering your daily life, then you can either try home remedies or try the following solutions:
- Avoid watching excessive pornographic videos as the arousal may cause you to masturbate more often.
- Do yoga for nightfall or meditate before going to bed to feel calmer and not carry any intrusive thoughts with you in your sleep.
- Shower before going to sleep as this can help refresh your senses.
- Always urinate prior to going to sleep.
- Change your sleeping position. Avoid sleeping with your private part nestling against the bed.
- Consume a balanced diet rich in fibre and devoid of spices and oil.
How to Stop Nightfall? - Remedies to try
Nocturnal emission cure is easy once the cause is recognized. However, few natural treatments can cure the problem without hampering the sex life of a man.
- Change in the diet for nightfall solution
- Home remedies for how to get rid of nightfall
- Swapandosh Medicines
- Lifestyle changes for nightfall control
- Ayurvedic treatment for nightfall
- Meditation helps control nightfall
- Regular exercise
Change your diet for nightfall solution
Light and easy to digest food like tinda, figs, lauki, torai, moong dal, sitaphal, gajar, etc., can cure the condition and ensure you have physical and sexual strength. Start with L- Arginine for increasing your sexual strength.
If you are looking for a nightfall solution, avoid taking acidic and difficult to digest food like eggs, meat, paneer, cream milk, fried items, and rajma. Food rich in aphrodisiac properties like pomegranate, onion, and garlic will keep the reproductive organ healthy.
Home remedies to stop nightfall
You can mix and match the nightfall remedies as per your convenience and preference.
- Juice of fenugreek foliage mixed with honey is an effective nightfall solution. Mix 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder with 1/2 teaspoon of honey every day during bedtime.
- Amla churna or amla juice is a good nocturnal emission cure.
- Eating garlic can enhance the blood flow in the genitals, an effective nightfall remedy. Also try dark chocolate for a better sexual health.
- Mixing bottle gourd juice with sesame oil in equal quantity and massaging it on the scalp before bed has a cooling effect and helps in the nocturnal emission cure.
Swapandosh Medicines to stop nightfall
Swapandosh medicines can reduce the frequency and severity to the bare minimum. It is vital to take out extra toxins from the body and then rejuvenate the reproductive system. Divya Chandraprabha Vati for nightfall helps in treating premature ejaculation in men. After the meal, two tablets twice a day is recommended.
Lifestyle changes for nightfall control
By now, you have a great body with no nightfall problems but how to prevent it from coming back. Prevention has to go hand in hand with cure, so by developing healthy habits, you will not be jerking on and off. Essentially, you need to maintain sleep hygiene.
We strongly recommend the following list in your daily regimen.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing at night
- Enroll in productive media instead of sexually stimulating content
- Always urinate before sleeping
- Avoid too much masturbation
- Do not sleep on your stomach
- Take light food at night and 2 hours gap before you go to sleep
Nightfall Treatment in Ayurveda
Nightfall remedies like ashwagandha, gokshura can assist in reducing stress and fatigue in men. Ashwagandha cure nightfall and maintains the level of the sex hormone that enhances the circulation of blood in the genitals resulting in long-lasting erections for a considerable amount of time.
Both the herbs boost sexual health and stamina. Ashwagandha can be consumed in capsules or extract even with tea. Gokshura churna for nightfall is mainly consumed 1-2 gram with honey or warm water before or after the meal. Give it sufficient time to affect the body as changes are not instant.
Meditation for Nightfall Control
Meditation is an effective way to control nightfall. Mostly nightfall is due to frequent masturbation, sexual fantasies, watching pornography, and sex talks. These thoughts indulge man in unwanted activities. Practising meditation controls nightfall and creates a stillness in the mind, body, and suppresses sexual desires.
How to Stop Nightfall by Exercise
If you are wondering how to stop nightfall by exercise? Then, yes! By doing regular physical activities like running, yoga for swapandosh like cobra pose, cow face pose, shoulder pose, et al. weightlifting, and jogging for an hour in the morning can distract men and be a nightfall solution. Four best exercises for nightfall:
- Sit on the floor in a cross-legged position for at least 15 minutes to give pressure with your buttocks to improve the strength of anal muscles.
- Sit and bend for at least 50 times continuously before going to bed.
- Try to relax the thighs and buttock muscles while lying on your back and raise your knees to bring it to the chest.
- Skipping about 200 times before bed can be a nightfall solution.
Yoga for Nightfall
Regular yoga can help tackle the problem of nightfall in men. Following are the major asanas you can perform daily:
One of the best asanas as it covers the entire body, this one focuses on increasing the blood circulation in the body. This asana helps calm down your mind and body, keeping restless thoughts at bay.
In this, lie down in a supine position. Raise your legs, hips, and back at ninety degrees from the ground with your arms placed firmly on the floor. Ensure that your legs, abdomen, and shoulder are in a straight line.
It is a sitting asana that helps strengthen pelvic muscles.
First, kneel & then sit down on your legs. Rest your hips on your heels. Arms should rest on the thigh, and the chin should be parallel to the floor.
Bhujangasana is also known as "cobra pose."
In this, lie on the ground on your stomach with your chin relaxed on the floor. Then place your hands under your shoulder and while inhaling deeply, lift your head, shoulders, and chest. Hold the position for a while and then exhale while returning to the original position.
Also known as "Shoulder Pose," it starts with lying down in a supine position. Fold your knees in a way that your heels touch your hips. Hold ankles with your hands and raise the hips, abdomen, and chest as high as possible while inhaling deeply. Place your shoulders and feet on the ground. Exhale slowly as you return to the normal position.
This asana effectively relieves the pain in many organs of the body. It helps improve digestion and heighten virility in men. As a result, it enhances your sexual performance and cures nightfall issues.
How to Stop Nightfall Permanently
The best way to rid yourself of extreme nightfall issues is to consult a trained urologist. But before doing that, try altering your lifestyle. Meditation and yoga can help control inner desires and emotions, thus improving your focus. This can minimize nightfall occurrences. Bathing with essential oils before going to bed can also help you sleep better by relaxing your mind and body.
How to Stop Nightfall Naturally
The best way to stop nightfall is by altering your lifestyle and treating it with the doctor's guidance. This includes reducing the frequency of masturbation and avoiding porn and nude pictures. However, there are some ways to cure nightfall naturally by doing the following:
- Meditating regularly
- Regular exercise and yoga
- Bathing with essential oils before going to bed
- Avoiding oily, spicy, and acidic food
How to Prevent Nightfall
- Masturbate regularly to release the excessive semen
- Practising meditation and relaxation methods to tackle anxiety and stress
- Avoid watching sexually explicit content frequently
- Take a warm bath before going to sleep to help you relax
- Urinate before going to bed
- Exercise regularly
- Consume sage tea or yoghurt
- Visit a doctor for proper guidance
Nightfall in men is not something shameful or harmful. It is nothing to be embarrassed about. Night discharge or wet dreams are just a natural bodily process occurring in men and should be treated as such. However, in case it causes you psychological stress, it's advisable that you have a conversation with an elder in the family or, even better, consult a medical expert. Otherwise, follow the guidelines and suggestions shared above, and nightfall will become a rare phenomenon for you.
Is Nightfall a Serious Problem?
Nightfall or wet dreams occur due to several causes and are usually harmless. The problem usually settles down with age, but if it occurs very frequently, it could be a cause for concern.
What to Do if Nightfall Happens Daily?
To prevent nightfall from occurring daily, follow these tips:
- Avoiding sleeping on your back
- Do not consume milk at night
- Avoid overeating before sleeping
- Take a light diet rich in fibre
- Avoid spicy and oily food items
- Eat your dinner at least 3 hours prior to sleeping
- Avoid fluids post your night meal
- Chew your food properly for proper digestion
- Drink more water during the day
- Do yoga and meditation regularly
- Exercise regularly
- Urinate before going to sleep
- Avoid amorous thoughts and discussions
- Get up early in the morning
- Practice deep-breathing exercises
- Clean your genitals daily
Is Daily Nightfall Normal?
According to medical experts, nightfall is normal when it occurs with a controlled frequency of 2 occurrences per week. If it occurs more than twice, it could be a cause for concern.
Can Nightfall Cause Hair Fall?
No, nightfall does not cause hair fall.
Does Nightfall Affect Stamina?
Yes, nightfall can affect stamina. It brings with it consequent health problems such as fatigue, sexual weakness, incessant lack of sexual desire, and lower abdomen pain.
Does Nightfall Affect Muscle Growth?
No, nightfall does not affect your muscle growth. However, if the condition is recurrent, you must seek medical help to prevent any damage to your body.
Does Nightfall Cause Pimples?
No, there is no correlation between sperm production and acne. Although many believe that acne breakout might result from masturbation, it is not true and lacks the backing of scientific research to support this claim.
Does Nightfall Affect Brahmacharya?
Nightfall is an involuntary thing. You cannot control it. The human body has been created for sex and procreation by nature itself. The primary function of sperm is to procreate and keep the cycle of nature moving. Sperms are produced within the body involuntarily. And so, if it isn't released from the body regularly by masturbation or sex, then nature has other ways to release it as its accumulation can be problematic for the body. This is the function of nightfall, and so, it really doesn't break Brahmacharya.
- Abdullah Gul, Emrah Yuruk, and Ege Can Serefoglu, January 2020; Frequency of nocturnal emissions and masturbation habits among virgin male religious teenagershttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30606622/
- Calvin Kai-Ching Yu and Wai Fu, September 2011; Sex Dreams, Wet Dreams, and Nocturnal Emissions- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232447673_Sex_Dreams_Wet_Dreams_and_Nocturnal_Emissions
- Barbara Shively Mathew; Nocturnal Emissions: A Comparative Study of Male Experiences and Reactions- https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3324&context=etd
- National Health Portal; Kasrat-e- Ihtilaam (Excessive Nocturnal Emission)- http://nhp.gov.in/kasrat-e-ihtilaam-excessive-nocturnal-emission_mtl